1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets vs GSW : accumulated PER comparition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Robert Kogut, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Right. And more specifically, this thread, Per Game. Paul has barely played this season.

If he and James maintain 28 PER while staying mostly healthy, they might both finish ahead of Kyrie for MVP. Rockets will win 67+ games.

But, I wouldn't predict 28 for both.

#21 Houstunna, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  2. Robert Kogut

Robert Kogut Member

Me, the opposite. I have never been so excited about regular season. MDA system plus two extremely underrated players like JH and CP3 can build something special - something nobody expected.

This process is excited and I enjoy every single game of this season.
    Let's make analogy to Walking Dead : GSW are Negan and whole NBA world and fans are kneeling right now, Rockets are Rick's crew and will not kneel any more, not after CP3 trade.

It's fun to watch. Just don't be afraid of Lucille too much. Rockets have weapons even more dangerous. GSW domination is psychological, I think.

Rockets4Life13 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Last year I remember reading about how the Celtics were so good and they were going to beat the Cavs, and they got blown out by 40. No more talk I just want to see it.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Every Rocket should care because....

- MVPs are great franchise history
    - franchise's best record (58 wins) likely gets broken. First 60-win season is likely.
    - multiple NBA records - mainly 3PT things - will be set by Rockets

Enjoy the ride

D-rock likes this.
  5. Robert Kogut

Robert Kogut Member

Nobody is saying Rockets will for sure beat GSW but Rockets are really, really good and there is no reason to not talk about this.

Houstunna likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"What is . . . . things I don't care about, Alex?"
    [​IMG]

Rocket River

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who was saying that the Celtics were going to beat the Cavs? Everyone knew that was gonna be a beatdown.

Houstunna likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Add Harden leading league in scoring AND assists. Hasn't been done since Tiny Archibald I believe.

Houstunna likes this.
  9. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Yeah, Paul has played too few minutes for PER to be valid, he is definitely capable of maintaining 28 PER, both he and Harden are, I just can't imagine how they'll be able to do it as teammates together. On one hand, if you're very efficient, you can get a high PER; on the other, you still need other basic stats, e.g., shots, assists, rebounds in order to have a high PER, which James and CP will definitely split to some extent.

I don't know if there ever was a duo that both had 28 PER in a regular season. The closest I know is KD and Russ, with KD being super efficient, and Russ a stat padding monster. Like you said, if CP and Harden really manage to maintain this 28 PER, we would win 67+ games.

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Do you not really care for watching basketball or something?

To each their own, but I don't really understand takes like this.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

TAKE THAT FOR DATA

12. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Rockets will be tested when elite defensive teams with referee assistance e.g. Spurs, GSW take away the three ball, shots at the rim and free flowing basketball.

How will they respond? Is there a plan b, plan c? Can they win ugly over 7 games? Our 94, 95 Houston Rockets demonstrated both. They won pretty, ugly and in between.

13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yeah kerr is playing a lot of nick young, omri casspi, and mccaw.

Ive seen him trot out lineups of mccaw, young, thompson, casspi, mcgee.

That lineup will not see the floor for even one second in the playoffs.

14. Robert Kogut

Robert Kogut Member

Yeah, and Rockets were playing a lot without CP3 who makes everyone better.

[​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Oh i absolutely agree. I have a ton of faith in my team. I just respect the competition.

Its very early and we will have to see spurs with kawhi and give okc another month or two but I think the rockets are on a collision course to meet the warriors for an epic series in the WCF.

Robert Kogut likes this.