1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets utilize Small Ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream_team, Nov 24, 1999.

1. dream_team

dream_team Member

My friend thought Rudy was crazy, but the players proved him wrong. It seemed like the Rockets played the best and got their biggest league when Rudy decided to play some Small Ball... with the line-up of Francis, Drew, Mobley, Rogers, and Barkley. they ran the Mavs up and down the court... and it was so fun and exciting to watch.

2. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

(Organ music playing in background)

Yes friends, brother Rudy has seen the light!
    Cast out ye demons filling his head with evil thoughts of security blankets and bread and butter post up plays.
    Run Rudy Run!
    Can I get an Amen?!

------------------
    The truth is out there... but not in the post.

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Yeah it was pretty good. But we need Drew to play like that every night. Hit those shots. Francis didnt have to do all the work yesterday, everyone helped.

I think Rudy is crazy, He should let ROGERS START!!!!!

4. green smurf

green smurf Member

i also liked that lineup...they worked well together...that sucked at the end of the third (i think it then) when drew led the fb to charles for the layup but they changed it cuz the refs had stopped the clock...anyway, they looked good together...

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Conspiracy Theory #1:

The team ignored what Rudy has to say (since they read this BB and are convinced that Rudy is a mindless twit) and took all their cues from Calvin Murphy, who has the greatest basketball mind ever.

6. Fender

Fender New Member

Two Points:

(1) Small ball worked (amen) but let's not get too out of hand about the gameplan. Don't get me wrong- this is a breath of fresh air as opposed to the awful low-post grind. But afterall, this is just one win against the totally outgunned Mavericks.

(2) I don't think Rudy has "seen the light" yet. The reason we didn't use the low-post weapon was because of what Shawn Bradley does to Hakeem.

7. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Fender,
    I know Brother Rudy has not truly seen the light. It was a light hearted joke. Hopefully he did see a spark in a different look offense...

------------------
    The truth is out there... but not in the post.

8. alaskansnowman

WE NEED CALVIN MURPHY OUT THERE, IN THE ROCKETS' HUDDLE, TELLING THEM WHAT THE HELL TO DO!!! HE ALWAYS POINTS OUT ALL THIS STUFF WHILE HE'S TALKIN TO BILL WORRELL. MURPHY NEEDS TO BE THE ASSISTANT COACH!!

9. Francis3

Francis3 Member

yeah i agree. Calvin should be the Assistant coach.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Calvin's a good commentator. Knows a lot about guard play, but I don't know if I would like him as a coach of anything besides shooting drills.

I don't agree a lot on Calvin's defensive suggestions besides for when he says to cato on the floor.

Here's for hoping the rockets can become the runnin' rockets.