1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets tried to sign Pablo Prigioni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaronMalakian, Sep 21, 2008.

1. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

It seems like Morey (via Karnisovas) asked Tau Ceramica for the player; Prigioni is in the final year of his contract but has no fixed exit clause, so this hindered the operation.

Link.

I know the site and I would give the notice some good credibility.

Pablo Prigioni is the starting PG of Argentina, famous for his defensive job, his good reading of the game, and his epic p&r with Luis Scola. There has always been a great understanding between this pair.

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

They really have absolutely no confidence in Head, Brooks, Francis, or Barry stay healthy or contribute, if Pablo is going to be signed this year.

3. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

There was interest, nothing more, Pablo will play in Spain this season.

4. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I think that's half-true. Francis might not even play this year and even if he does, he's going to be no-where close to being able to help us until march/april. Head, we all know how Head is ... so I'll give you that one as well. Brooks and Barry though, I definitely see both of them contributing. So I'd say that's about half-right, we just don't have confidence in 2 out of the 4 ;)

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Would you? Head can't execute a bounce pass and Brooks is inexperienced. The only player that can even run a pick and roll would be Barry, and he won't be playing PG much.

6. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Pablo is an amazing PG. Might not be a scoring machine, but extremely savvy and creative. Humble and an ideal teammate, won't pull off a Greek T-Mac. Plus excellent chemistry with Scola. Would have been a spectacular addition and really shored up our PG position, but... Ahh... You can never have too many Argentinians on your team.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

I don't know if I would have EVER posted that signature. That guy lacks any kind of sense and that's why he's a perma-rookie.

8. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

Imagine if we sign Pablo, and maybe in the future when Tmac retires and we sign Manu Ginobli and Oberto. All-Argentine team.

9. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

we go international for our PG...nice move Morey..

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The spurs are also interested in him. I remember Manu metioned in an interview. Pop asked Manu about Priginoni.

11. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

That guy may not be the most exciting player to watch but he is definitely a "true" PG. I wouldn't have minded if we were able to get him.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we looked at him again next year.

13. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

The no look pass to Scola.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EfShCoIn1lY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EfShCoIn1lY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

He's definitely an NBA talent. Every single time I watched Argentina in the Olymmpics I was baffled that this guy had not yet made it to the NBA. Probably a lack of interest on his part.

I don't know about his defense, but his court vision and his long range shooting are top notch. He's got that sick Deron Williams range where he just jacks it up and you're like There's No Way That Can Go In! and it does still.

We could do worse to have him as backup to Rafer starting next year (2009-2010) with him probably taking Rafer's job by January.

15. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

In about 2 weeks finally some Rockets news about trying to sign a player.

1. The reason Pablo has yet to make the NBA might be that he is 31 years old.
    2. Maybe Tau has locked him up for a long term contract earlier.

Pablo would be a great asset to us he has the size: 6'4 and 195lb. IF this were to happened somebody would be going away most likely either Head,Brooks, or Stevie(small probability).Hopefully we get to sign him I want to see more of those no look passes to Scola!

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Head you are correct!
    Brooks a few more seasons to mature!
    Francis on the team for old times sake!
    Barry, old but will provide leadership, three point shooting and a little time at back up Point Guard.
    Rafer questions- will he recover and be at his best? Will he be able to
    switch over and make more assists? Will he be able to learn the playbook,
    so that he can become a true playmaker Point Guard?

Possibly we could do without at least two of the above five players :p

17. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Pablo's defense is top notch too. His contract expires after this season, and since we have Scola, we may have a shot. If he's to take someone's place, Francis, with his convenient 3 mil expiring contract, would be the one to go.

18. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

But Spurs have Parker, so no way Priginoni can start on that team.

19. joesr

joesr Member

I think the team would keep Francis for namesake? Fan sake?

Although he would have to be talked into a smaller minimum contract which shouldn't be too hard for his current health assessment?

I also wouldn't think he would start if he went to SA...or is he that good? I don't have video options at work so I can't video google him.

20. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

i cant see this happen