1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets Trades] Possible/Real concern?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Jan 13, 2012.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

All that trading buzz will be there maybe in a month, and I've started to think about some interesting stuff.

Did you mention the fact that almost every productive Rockets player that was traded away from this team in a last few seasons, wasn't able to perform on the same level that he played here in Texas? I'm not talking about progress or development, just staying at the same level was a problem!

I'm not talking about Ish or JT, I'm talking about big players or so-called big players, or at least rotation players.

Since Morey became a GM, he traded away Juwan's dead body, Mike James, Bonzi Wells, T-Mac, Landry, Ariza, Shane, Brooks... and all of them were playing worse or much worse than in Rockets Red

Actually the last guy who was able to just stay on the same level was Cat Mobley and no one had a progress in few years with a new team, and... Cuttino was traded seven and a half years back

Is there any chance that this stuff became a reason for other GM's to not having any business with Morey and the Rockets?

We all had an opportunity to read some reports with info that other FO's are not high on any talent Morey brought to the board.

If I am a opposite side's GM, why should I trade my valuable player to this team if the guys I'll take instead of him, won't even stay at the same level (and I'm not even starting to talk about some development)?

It's pretty good that we are able to get rid of our players before they become a total scrubs, but if we are not tanking, if we are rebuilding through trades, this fact is not on our side.

If you wanna get big player you need to give some talent instead and other dealers should feel safe about the potential of a players they get, to make this done deal.

But they won't be happy about some guys, that are productive there and will suck in their new groups under new systems. They won't push a button on a trades for them.

Is that a possible concern for a future failure in a trading deparment?

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Post was as nonsensical as your signature proclaiming McHale as "the worst coach in franchise history" - after 11 games into his tenure... lol

3. King901

King901 Member

Wonder what you think of my sig... o.0

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Carl Landry

5. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

He also traded away Nicholas Batum- who is very productive for Portland
    and battier- who helped the Grizzlies in their playoff run
    and carl landry- who is killing for the kings

just off the top of my head

6. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

i love your sig. especially the part about mcgee, but rather than waste a pick, why not trade jordan hill or someone else. Heck, i would trade a pick for McGee tho

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

A little over the top, but agree with the general sentiment.

For one, it's not like the Rockets got back amazing talent, either. That's partly why the team isn't that good. I mean, sure, maybe Courtney Lee is better than Ariza... but not much. And, yes, that Memphis pick was nice, but Hasheem Thabeet? I mean, c'mon... Shane was very helpful to that team actually winning a playoff game, much less series. Yes, Goran Dragic is at least playing (as opposed to Brooks), but even that is a marginal improvement, to me. Dragic isn't exactly lighting it on fire.

Point being, the Rockets didn't fleece anybody, ESPECIALLY at the time of trade.

If I'm an opposing GM, I'm doing my own homework, placing my own values on different players and assets, and making trades accordingly. All of these guys are professionals in their own right, and either are, or believe themselves to be competent.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

In fairness.. batum neever suited up for us - draft day trade, which would put him in the same category as Rudy Gay...tradewise...

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

r****ded post is r****ded.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Can't believe nobody has ripped you on this!!

Landry plays for the Hornets... Not the Kings!

11. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Carl Landry doesn't play for the Kings. Might want to do a tiny bit of research instead of going off the top of your head. :)

12. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Wait Carl Landry and Chuck Hayes aren't one in the same?

13. Broford

Broford Member

Morey sells high on his players before they regress. It's as simple as that.

14. ThaShark316_28

This thread wasn't well thought out.

15. Convictedstupid

NBA GM's trust their opinion and research more than what another GM is doing.

16. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Agreed which leads me to the rumors that Dwill might be on the trading block if they don't acquire Howard. If this is the case I do whatever is necessary to get him. If that includes Lowry and KMart so be it.

Once I acquire Dwill I do whatever is necessary to get a legit big man. I know people always talk about Bosh not being a good fit in Miami. If somehow we were able to get Bosh for say a Scola, Dalambert, C.Lee........I think we'd have 2 very good players to start the new era in DWill and Bosh.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This thread is proof that you can have thousands of posts and still not know what your talking about. Inside thoughts are better when they are kept inside, now everyone believes you are r****ded.

18. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I am amazed by all the talk of trading Kyle Lowry on this board. I would say Lowry is the only player on our team who is almost "untouchable". I know that goes against morey's public statements, but this is why things have changed:

Lowry is having a borderline all star year. He makes roughly $5-6M per year. Most all stars command near max contracts. So to trade Lowry for an all star you would have to gut the team to make the money match.

We get less value in return. On the flip side, to trade Lowry straight up you are looking at getting a $5-6M scrub in return. This is the same argument I have made with scola. Lowry and Scola are statistical bargains. Lowry puts up similar numbers to DWill and CP3 at a fraction of the cost (talking about in this young season). Scola puts up gasol/bosh numbers at less than 1/2 the cost.

I know it's cliche, but you have to get equal value. And you can scream trade him for draft picks all day, but 1 you would soon pay a lottery pick more than you are paying him for similar numbers, and 2, if you want a draft pick and a superstar to compensate for gutting your team to get that superstar, you have to keep in mind that not many superstars play for lottery bound teams. The pick would suck.

1 person likes this.
  19. rockets06

rockets06 Member

Your right Lowry is the only guy that shouldn't be brought up in any trade, he's putting up all-star stats and is holding onto the last heart and soul of the team with Battier and Hayes gone. The only reason I say send out Scola is because we have Patterson and Motiejunas coming in and Martin knows he doesn't have a future with the team based on his poor performance he's horrible. I think the only way we ship out both around the deadline is to be the third team in a trade with the Magic and Nets with up getting Brooks in the deal and expiring contracts while shedding the 09 busts except Williams.

20. Nook

Nook Member

So now people are complaining Morey is too good at his job?