1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Amir's Johnson

[​IMG]

2. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I like Ennis
    High IQ.
    He attacks the basquet
    I think Morey will pick his 4 year option.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. hvic

hvic Member

Im sure we can help him improve his passing and also finishing strong at the rim. I think his shooting will improve once he stops being so damn hesitate to take a shot.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Writing is already on the wall. He look bad.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

I'm not sure why you assume we need him to be the 1st option. He's a pure scorer. Bring his azz off the bench and let him tear it up. The same thing Jamal Crawford does for the LAC. There is plenty of room for scoring coming off the bench in the NBA.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Looking at it now will anyone still argue the Beasley for Ennis trade was bad? Beasley hasn't exactly exploded with the Bucks and seems to be injured. At least now with Ellis we have someone else who can run the team for stretches because Bev is injured and Prigs is like 40 years old or something.

I've seen some good flashes with Ellis but the biggest issue with him is his shooting. Unfortunately at this point I'm not sure how good he is compared to someone like say, Gary Payton II. But like the other dude said, I'd make Wiltjer the priority and if there's still space, then you can decide to keep him or not. Hopefully the Rox won't fall for the sunk cost fallacy and think that just because they traded an asset for him, they should keep him over Wiltjer.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

We have so many options at the 4 spot we can even play small ball with Ariza or Brew or Dekker, the problem with Beas is he's not consistent so you're always afraid to offer him a long contract because this might be the year he turns crazy on you. Beasley also plays really wildly, that's ok when our offense and stank and we had Dwight, Ariza and Bev but now Beasley is like the 4rth best option, even when Harden sits Gordon and Anderson (or DMO if he comes back) should be options more than him. As another poster said it's a case of selling high I think it's a good move considering Beasley is also injured now.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rockets needing Beasley to be the 1st option is not what bmd is saying at all.

It's all about how he plays and the mentality of believing that he's a 1st option type of player. In reality, he's no where near that type of player. But that's just the way he plays and something that doesn't fit well when you get into the big league. That's the problem. He can score of course but so what, there are guys all around the world that can score. What else exactly does he bring to a team that contributes to winning or impacts a team positively? Absolutely nothing. It's easy for someone to sit back and say hey he should do this and that in this role. What you're not accepting is he has never learned the correct winning mentality of sacrifice and adjustments and at this point probably never will. He's likely just happy collecting checks playing ball as long as he can whether its here or overseas once again.

roslolian likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Jamaal Crawford is also ass, way overrated cause he can make cool shots and cool dribbles with the ball...it's not like you're doing a favor to Beasley if you compare him with Jamaal...go get a look at his playoff stats in his career, pure garbage, like almost all the chuckers btw...

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't mind the trade. It cleared the way for Dekker and KJ to get more minutes and we need to take a shot at getting a backup PG. Morey has done decent with random PGs in the past. Pretty low risk move. I don't think Ennis will make the team though. No defense and no shot.

12. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Tyler will make the team for sure. Is not a matter of Ennis > GP2 or Wiltjer < DMo, teams have rights on players as long as they stay with the team for a certain amount of weeks. In this case GP2, Hairston, Taylor (who was cut), Bobby Brown, and Wiltjer are all restricted bc they've spent enough days with the team to be claimed. TBH I think Brew is included in a sign and trade w/DMo for Tyson Chandler bc we are very thin at C and Tyson is a guy who's a pro at running the pick and roll. Wether that happens or not Wiltjer is making this team, of course guys would have to be waived but automatically claimed by the team that has their rights. GP2, Hairston, and Brown will all be waived and the roster will include:
    Harden, Bev, Ennis, NENE, Brew, KJ, Dekker, Anderson, Gordon, Clint, Chinanu, Harrell, Ariza, Prigs, and Wiltjer. That's 15 players with Wiltjer playing in Dleague along with Chinanu which leaves us with 13 suites players on the bench.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

agreed. JC has been fortunate and actually smart enough to join teams that either weren't any good or needed his role has a scorer off the bench. Chicago-extremely young, NY-another young rebuilding team, GS-Don Nelson's run N gun offense, Atl-finally found a good role as the 6th man scorer off the bench, Port-lockout season, Clip-back to that 6th man role

14. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Jarrett Jack just got waived by ATL, he has to be better than Ennis.

15. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

And yes I know he's injured, but we need a playmaker besides Harden and Gordon.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Exactly, and Doc still gave him that awful contract this summer...

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's where the smartness comes from on his part haha. Find yourself on a good playoff team, all the attention are on the stars, team has the perfect role for you with the greenlight, stick with it and get paid

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Absolutely.

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

He's unable to practice as he returns from torn right knee ligaments.

#399 jim1961, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  20. hakeemthagreat

You sound like a psychiatrist not a basketball fan. How exactly do you know Beasley wants to be a 1st option on a NBA team? Because the guy likes to score? lol. That's ridiculous. It's not that deep. Also instant offense is not something anybody can do, so you're wrong. He has the ability to score lots of points in bunches as we saw last year. Before, everybody here was crying about us needing someone who can create their own offense besides James. THEN when we get someone to create their offense in Beasley, ppl like you say "I don't like his scoring mentality". You guys must not know all the elite western conference teams have firepower coming off the bench. Why exactly would you not want a guy that can put up 20pts any given night