1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I agree that it's not something that the league is "worried about", but it'll give some teams trouble defensively and Capela has upside. We'll see what happens. I don't think it's "terrible", but yeah, It's not going to be a strength over upper-tier teams.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I agree that it's not something that the league is "worried about", but it'll give some teams trouble defensively and Capela has upside. We'll see what happens. I don't think it's "terrible", but yeah, It's not going to be a strength over upper-tier teams.

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

I would be surprised if that's still our frontcourt by Feburary. I think the Ennis trade makes Bev expendable, I wouldn't be surprised if him and DMo get traded for a frontcourt upgrade. Or if they get traded for a wingman, and Ariza and Capela get shipped out for an upgrade at the 5.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Remlap

Remlap Member

With a new HC and new Defensive Coach that means ALL new systems being learned on both sides of the ball
    Would be shocked to see so much turnover/trades go down at this point. But you never know

5. Raz

Raz Member

"Michael Beasley is never the answer to any basketball question" (Zach Lowe)

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again, keep your eye on Ennis.
    DM and MDA know PG's..ready made for our offense as he's really good in the pick and roll, a creator who doesn't turn the ball over. With that said, he also has the ability to score...gonna surprise some folks....a real sleeper!

I understand why many have reservations about this deal.

We couldn't have asked for more from Beasley, and I admire him for doing what VERY few in his position manage to do. But, we sold high for a guy that has a decent chance of becoming an effective starter in this league one day.

#366 Plowman, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    yixiixiy likes this.
  7. Chamillionaire

He looks very average to me. Not sure he's better than an old ass Prigs. Not a good sign. Was very excited at first but now I see why he's been on 3 teams already in his short career. Too slow and doesn't shoot well enough. At least Prigs will hit a good % of 3s.

8. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

This guy is a career third string pg -- he doesn't do anything great, he's slow, he CONSTANTLY misses open guys because he's pounding the ball into the ground. He's serviceable.

Prigs is better. He makes a positive impact, is a sure hand and a smart, savvy player. I like him as the back-up.

Little Bit likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty funny seeing final career judgement posts for a 22 year old kid

Vivi, GotGame15 and yixiixiy like this.
  10. craguin

craguin Member

11. hakeemthagreat

Ennis sucks. I don't know if you checked last night but he repeatedly got blown by and was 1-5 from the field. Last few games he's been horrible too. If you think Ennis is Bev's replacement then we as fans need to raise the bar as far as expectations. Also, NOBODY wants DMo.Trading him won't be a option because we're the only ones courting him.

BTW, the Beasley trade was horrible. I can't believe we traded MB for this scrub in Ennis.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

There's something to be said for a young PG that can take care of the ball and doesn't have any glaring liabilities. Say what you want about Ennis, but he is faster than Kendall Marshall, bigger than Tyus Jones, and isn't the atrocious shooter that Kyle Lowry or Trevor Ariza were early in their careers. Or that Corey Brewer has been throughout his career.

Ennis has no horrible weaknesses; you can't pick on him on defense, and he won't lose you the game with his ballhandling. At the PG position there's something to be said about that, particularly when the guys playing ahead of him are made of glass. He just might surprise and develop a shot in a year. Even KJ is improving in that regard. Anyone can do it if he can. Except Brewer.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is a terrible shooter for certain.

Still a guy I would hold onto for a little longer to see If he can figure it out upstairs.

14. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Is there anyone better we could have traded Beasley for? Heck, I would have taken MCW

txn likes this.
  15. Amir's Johnson

You should see Beasley's preseason game log.

Vivi likes this.
  16. txn

txn Member

Completely agree :(

17. hakeemthagreat

I don't need to. I saw him up close & personal last year when he played for us

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol he'll be out of the league by the end of the season once again

19. bmd

bmd Member

Beasley's style of play is that of a first-option. The problem with that is that he isn't good enough to be the first option in the NBA. In China he is. In China he can be the best first option in the league. But in the NBA, he's not good enough to be "the man" on any team, and that leaves him in limbo. With Harden, Anderson, and Gordon, there was no room for Michael Beasley to play how Michael Beasley plays.

YOLO likes this.
  20. eman

eman Contributing Member

I hope there's a way we'll keep Ennis-- without sacrificing Wilt!-- as a third-string PG. Honestly, I'd rather see us part with injury-and-foul-prone Bev. Ennis is one inch shorter and three years younger than fellow Canadian Corey Joseph. He's only 22. Seems to me like he has the physical tools to play a helluva lot more aggressively than he has been, like he's hesitant, afraid to mess up. He may gain confidence with experience and develop his game a bit. He's shown flashes of upside.

But if it means losing Wet Wilt to keep Ennis, then, like Jerry Reed said: cut his ass!