1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to try for Blake, Millsap, CP3, or Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 21, 2017.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Who said he's a rim protector? You know it's possible to prevent layups by playing good positional defense right?

And who said anything about why we lost to the Spurs? I simply gave an example of where we could've benefited from having Millsap over Anderson.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

you said he would prevent these layup drills that you think the spurs did to beat houston. well what other way would he stop them if not rim protector.

oh here we go with this positional defense. so hes just going to draw charges all game long right. that's the answer. please that's just delusional

3. lionaire

lionaire Member

lmaoooo I never said that. You sound really dumb rn YOLO.

Mathloom likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

interesting :rolleyes:

Fullcourt likes this.
  5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Coool. Where is the part where I specifically said that is the reason why we lost to the Spurs you moron?

The post I replied to stated that we wouldn't be any better with Millsap then we are with Ryan and I literally just gave a specific example of where we would improve. If you don't agree with that then so be it, but don't make **** up bro. It's just a bad look.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

i guess you took that particular part literally. that's on you not me. you were just quoted on exactly what you said.

you call it a layup drill, last i checked if you're doing something like that against someone that's not a good thing.

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

LOL

Anyways, @J.R. got anymore of those updates?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj on the Clippers:

Redick's future is doubtful. They can't afford to bring him back & he's ready to move on elsewhere.

Clippers trying to get commitment from Paul & then build out the roster. Chris Paul seems headed towards free agency & taking meetings on July 1. They could have an agreement before then but right now, nowhere near one. That limits the decisions in LA right now. They're waiting on Paul to give them some direction on his future & then they can go down the rest of the roster.

If Carmelo becomes willing to waive his NTC...right now, he hasn't shown an inclination to waive it.

mockster, Vivi and malakas like this.
  9. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

First take (ESPN) was talking about LMA and Kawhi not meshing in system. SA shopping LMA.

I believe Clippers wanting CP3 will hinge on Clippers moving DJordan and letting Blake move on, or (SnT).

CP3 would like to stay in LA and recruit LeBron/Paul George against going to Lakers in summer 2018

Westbrook would still go to Lakers.

LeBron would love him some Steve Ballmer emptying the bank in team payroll. Once again leaving a
    team in ruins.

Once again Houston being used as leverage.

#129 Jatman20, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  10. AXG

AXG Member

Out of those guys, Millsap is the best choice. However, the real choices should be to make a play for Butler, Porzingis, George or Hayward.

11. mockster

mockster Member

Because warriors have 4 all stars

Our team is actually pretty good 4-5 years ago

Gorki likes this.
  12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

CP3 and Griffin. Get 'er done!

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Bev is better than Lowry right now for the Rockets.

DD

atam likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just like Aaron Brooks was...

15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Have to thread with caution. Can't dump players for cap and then no one comes. Man this is such a dangerous game to play. Tough being daral moreee

kjayp likes this.
  16. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

This is what sucks! I've always been able to come up with some far fetched scenario to relive the mid-90s championship dreams. I feel like I've been reduced to GSW voodoo dolls or finally finishing the flux capacitor I've been building.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lowry would be underwhelming

mikol13 likes this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

So is it correct that there are rumblings out of LAC land that they'd consider keeping CP3, but not keeping Blake or Reddick and trading De'Andre Jordan if they can??

Weird...

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

They want LeBron, and word is he wants to play in LA. CP3 is one of his closest friends.

20. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

They just want CP3, Melo and cap space so they can recruit LeBron next year to form the new superfriends.