1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to play in Orlando Pro Summer League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Mar 10, 2013.

1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...agic-76ers-news-0311-20130310,0,2078595.story

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Rockets ever attended the Orlando Summer League before. I'd guess they'll still participate in the Las Vegas one as well. At least I hope so! MOAR SUMMER LEAGUE! :)

1 person likes this.
  2. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

NICE! More summer league!

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks, HMMMHMM ... very interesting news.

This would suck if it means the Rockets are playing there instead of Vegas, and I'm guessing that is the case. Last year Orlando had the Orlando Magic, Brooklyn Nets, Boston Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers, Utah Jazz, Oklahoma City Thunder, Indiana Pacers and Detroit Pistons. Didn't one of those teams also compete in Vegas, or am I mistaken?

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

what?

They're not going to vegas?

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Well I guess its time for a trip to Disney world!

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The games are closed to the public

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Our summer league team is gonna suck anyway. Only one stupid 2nd round pick.

8. HMMMHMM

The Celtics did. It's usually the exception to the rule, though.

Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but the Rockets always advocate that players primarily get better by playing. It certainly should help players get a better feel for the Rockets system. Attending two summer leagues might also help showcase some of the young guys.

9. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I recall the Celtics being at both. I remember talking to some people who worked with the Celtics in the stand.

Man, oh man, would that suck if Rockets weren't at the Vegas Summer league. I've been anticipating the 2013 Summer League the day I left the 2012 one.

10. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing that Thomas Robinson and Terrence Jones will play. Probably also Motiejunas, Beverley and maybe even Smith and Anderson as "veterans" as well.

11. Carl Herrera

I am hopeful the Rockets will go to both so that Morey can talk trades and free agent signing with the assembled NBA crowd.

12. Carl Herrera

BORING! We don't want used NBA scrubs. We want fresh virgin 1st round picks!

13. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

So I guess we wont have another chance of a fan to throw another stuffed animal at Morey

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Obviously the playoffs are of the most importance, but yeah, it does suck not having our own picks. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets get into the first round somehow... we'll see how the draft shapes out by June (if it's worth it). Along with the names Bima mentioned, I would think Royce White should be there as well.

Maybe we should get an early start on our "FURKAN FOR ORLANDO SL 2013" movement?

15. LivinLikeLarry

Yeah like several people said Boston played in both. Also Orlando played in both, I think Ish Smith was there playing for them but I'm not positive. And I also know the Nets played in both because I remember laughing at Adam Morrison being there.

16. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

but but but i like going to vegas and watching the rockets

17. Carl Herrera

I am afraid that Furkan and Donatas will both have national team duties.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

Donuts will likely be with his national team. They'll be prepping for Eurobasket later in the year.

19. AFS

AFS Member

You're probably correct. Don't forget that Parsons played in the Vegas league this past summer (it can be easy to forget that he's only in his second year).

20. HMMMHMM

Not sure how credible those reports are, but FWIW it indeed has already been reported that Motiejunas will play for Lithuania in the European Championship this upcoming summer.