1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Summer league schedule:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3, Jul 11, 2000.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Saturday, July 22
    Houston vs. Dallas, 8 p.m.

Sunday, July 23
    Houston vs. Toronto, 7 p.m.

Tuesday, July 25
    Utah vs. Houston (ESPN), 6 p.m.

Wednesday, July 26
    Vancouver vs. Houston, 4 p.m.

Thursday, July 27
    Cleveland vs. Houston(ESPN), noon

Friday, July 28
    Houston vs. Chicago, 2 p.m.

------------------
    "I talked about what degenerates they [Mets fans] were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms."

John Rocker

2. datsmrcb2u

datsmrcb2u Member

Does anyone happen to know where these games are played?

------------------
    "Stay humble and hungry."
    - The Dream

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

They are played in Salt Lake City and one of the local colleges. I was disappointed to not find a list of Rockets players participating. Does anyone know?

------------------
    http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

4. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Is there a web address where one can follow the action. I checked RockyMountainRevue.com and got nowhere........

------------------
    There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't.

5. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

I went to nba.talk.com and was looking up info on the rockets summerleague and came out with two things:

1)roster wasn't listed so I'm assuming the Rockets don't have it all there yet...yesterday on 610 when Carrol Dawson was on, he talked about who a few of the players are; mentioned Moochie Norris, Drew, Langhi, Collier, and Francis maybe...he also talked about since the league is getting so young that they changed the rules this year to allow 4 veterans instead of 3 on the roster...I'm thinking Kenny Thomas will go and who knows we may have an invite set up for Leon Smith and didn't we extend an invitation to some guy named Rawles or Rawlings or something like that, I know it was listed here.

2)was puzzled y some teams are going to two of the camps, yes, it had the lists of the teams participating at the 4 different camps and some were mentioned twice...I would think for surely since the rockets have one of the youngest teams in the league that they would want to get some of these guys more experience.

Does anyone know when Rudy has to head off for the practices of the Dream Team? Apparently it is supposed to conflict with this offseason but Carrol also mentioned that Rudy would have his cell on him at all times.

------------------

6. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

it isn't supposed to conflict or it is?

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

7. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

is

------------------

8. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

In the schedule listed above...does "ESPN" mean the game will be broadcast on cable TV or radio?

------------------
    ------------------
    Hakeem: "Exit Suugar Lan"

9. COACH SAMPSON

COACH SAMPSON Member

Francis3, I didnt know they were showing summer league games on espn, Where did you get that info from. That would great checking the youngters do their thing.

------------------

10. Francis3

Francis3 Member

http://www.nba.com/Jazz/rockymtn000707.html

Its going to be on ESPN tv.

------------------
    "I talked about what degenerates they [Mets fans] were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms."

John Rocker

11. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

NOTE: By the way I checked the site out...and all the times are Mountain time zone...so you will have to add two hours to all of them to get central time zone.

------------------
    ------------------
    Hakeem: "Exit Suugar Lan"