1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Summer Agenda [Bobby Marks of the Vertical]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, May 15, 2016.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Here is a nice short article Rockets Summer Agenda by Bobby Marks. For those that don't know he is a former NBA GM. Bima follows him him pretty closely as well.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On <a href="https://twitter.com/TheVertical">@TheVertical</a> : Houston Rockets summer agenda. <a href="https://t.co/4u70TmTOL6">https://t.co/4u70TmTOL6</a></p>&mdash; Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/731834556119195649">May 15, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Been posted before. I think in Bima's thread.

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I think Bima had a different number for cap space with Dwight opting out. I'll take Bima's numbers over anyone else's numbers all day any day.

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Bobby's numbers are consistent with mine. I think he's just including cap holds for Jones, Terry and Smith. The main difference is Jones's cap hold.

Bobby Marks is the former assistant GM of the Nets. He knows his stuff.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Harden has to buy into the above concept, and keep himself fit and lean.

This message needs to be sent to Les, Morey and Harden.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This team has plenty of money to build a special restuarant outside of Harden's house. Keep everything lean and give him an incentive to go there by having big booty servers.

Dude will drop weight no joke.

7. crash5179

Apologies to Bima if it has been previously posted but I thought Bobby Marks just released it. Bima posting it makes since. Bima is the reason I started following Bobby Marks.

8. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

The fact that he would include jones in the hold makes no sense. No way rockets keep that hold. They'd just renounce his rights.

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Trust in Bima Thug.... He will lead us to Glory!

10. crash5179

He keeps the the Jones hold because until the Rockets renounce him that hold is real. Once they renounce his rights the hold goes away. He is not dictating terms here he is just reporting the facts as they currently exist.

11. awc713

awc713 Member

Stopped reading after writer said not to lose all faith in Corey Brewer.

If he's still getting minutes next year I will gouge my eyes out

12. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

13. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Can you read?

He's basically saying the Rockets may keep Jones contract if they think he has trade value. But, also says he doesn't know what the Rockets will do with either Jones or D-Mo.