1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Demetrius Jackson to 2-way deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SC1211, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Quite ironic.

[​IMG]

jnuge90, hongxingli and napalm06 like this.
  2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Dude has a 30 PER. It's happening.

3. craguin

craguin Member

Folks were satisfied with the GPII signing; wasn't that your assessment back then?
    Additional reference thread - [ClutchFans - GARM] Rockets signing Gary Payton II to 3 year deal

alethios, heypartner and Yung-T like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sounds good to me.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Meaning Chris Paul has to be injured for him to come up. Sounds like death to me. lol

napalm06 likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Something something 5:45 Tuesday

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hmm. I hope that's a floor and not a ceiling.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

did this guy really have a 43.5" vert or was he cheating? I've heard multiple stories about him fudging his standing reach to achieve a better max vert ala kay fielder, but I can't find anything conclusive about this. Draft Express had him as the 11th pick at one point but it may have been because of his projected athletic upside.

Also, if Morey knew about these rumors, does he believe them? If the guy isn't an althletic monster at 6'1", then I have no idea why we are wasting our time offering him even a 2 way contract...

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There were multiple 40"+ vert numbers in recent combines and it's long been rumored that many players cheat. Would take these numbers with a real grain of salt.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Can this dude shoot the three?

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes. He has range on his shot.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Thanks. Didn't want to go read full scouting reports and obviously his stats so far aren't worth anything right now

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Shot 40+ percent in two NCAA seasons, but only 33% in his last. Probably a temporary drop, so he should still be solid.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Flynn wasnt all bad, if he could only sustain his 13 ppg from his rookie year and he is an average guard.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would rather have Aaron Craft, Russ Smith or Briante Weber. 3rd stringers need to D up.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Look at his physical measurements. He cheating. Whose standing reach shrinks 3 inches from age 18 to age 21? But people, probably including Chris Paul, do this kind of things.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Demetrius-Jackson-7218/

amaru likes this.
  17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The video below has several highlights of breakaway dunks ... they are all pretty meh and conservative. Either Notre Dame has a mandate of no fancy, show-off dunks on breakaways,,,or he isn't 43.5. He does have some impressive oops as recipient of an Alley-Oop for a 6'1 dude, though.

As for fudging numbers, I mean 37-38 is high. (That was Westbrooks Max at the combines). Can you fudge 5-6 inches? And even if you can...I'll take 37-38".

19. Sen89

Sen89 Member

This is a good pickup. Jackson got lost in the shuffle on a overly deep Celtics roster/guard-rotation, and should've been a 1st rounder to begin with.

He's not tall, but has a very strong frame, good wingspan and elite explosiveness. He has a great looking stroke from deep, and off-ball PG experience (played efficiently next to Jerian Grant at ND for 2/3 of his years). He's not a gifted playmaker, but he can setup an offense, and learning from CP3 is about as good as it gets if he wants to develop as a floor-general.

20. basketballholic

Well...............he didn't make it through any of my four initial screenings for me to study him in depth last season. So, based on knowing that, my first instinct, sight unseen, is to deem him a marginal prospect at best.

However, I have went through some video on him the last couple days and here are my raw thoughts on him based on that.

His body reminds me of Derek Fisher, compact, strong, and powerful. Fisher probably wasn't quite as athletic. And Jackson isn't a strong as Fisher. Nevertheless Fisher was the first player I thought of.

Darnell (not Denzell) Valentine was the second player I thought of. An oldie.

1. Mediocre IQ for a point guard. Don't see great playmaking/distribution.
    2. Decent spot up shooter and good finisher for his size.
    3. Aggressive at times but selfishly so.
    4. Mediocre defensively.

In my opinion, not much to see here. He could possibly grow into a 3&D point guard, essentially a small off guard that defends the point. That was could and possibly together. Don't see much else here. And he'll have to make major improvements to get there.

In my opinion, without studying him in depth and without seeing anything that makes me want to study him closer, marginal prospect at best.

#80 basketballholic, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    BigShasta and FTW Rockets FTW like this.