1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Chuck Hayes for the remainder of the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Jan 28, 2006.

1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

[ESPN] Rockets sign Chuck Hayes for the remainder of the season

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/transactions

I guess no more Lucas III. I wish they would have cut Moochie but they may need his contract to match salaries for a trade later.

2. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

yes! here's to hoping he doesn't MoTay on us.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Did we give him 48 million? If not, I don't think that's possible.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Congrats to Hayes. I know it's off topic a little, but I really like how Swift came back too. Seein these two with Baxter holdin it down, makes watching games easier to watch. And when Yao comes back along with the others, I hope he'll still get some minutes.

Congradulations to Hayes again!

6. anitasri

anitasri Member

I wish we signed him for a great time frame - say a Team option for 2 more years. Anyway- in a season filled with negativity- this is a positive!

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

He is still too short to be an NBA starter and Juwan and SS are better players but he will be a good hustle and energy guy ala Ryan Bowen. Happy for the kid, gets to live his NBA dream. Sorry to lose JL3 but maybe he takes the place of Mooch next year.

8. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

How tall was Charles Barkley?

9. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Per Mr. Rolo

"yes! here's to hoping he doesn't MoTay on us."

Not clear what you mean- I take it this is a negative posture on Taylor-after he signed the multi year contract for 48 mil, later had Achilles tendon injury and other problems- he did come to camp in top shape. He was a consistent offensive scorer, who after getting in JVG's dog house was Traded for Moochie and Vin Baker.

I agree-I hope we do not trade him again for a recovering alchoholic who cannot play, and a CBA player.

Your right - we should have held off on signing Hayes in case he might "MoTay " on us.

10. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The camera angle is looking up at him a bit, so I'd say 6'6".

#10 TECH, Jan 28, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2006
  11. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

closer to 6'6, but damn, thats one helluva comparison when u talk about height.

12. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

exactly... i mean how tall was Wilt?

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if hayes developes a little mid range jumper his best comparison would be malik rose. maybe good enough to start but just too short to ever crack the line-up.

when yao gets back he won't see any minutes behind jho & stro and yao & deke. not to mension that we still have baxter.

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

God Barkley has a odd shaped head..nice and pointy in the middle..giving him some added heighth

15. pchan

pchan Member

It's not possible. Hayes already grabbed more rebounds than MoTay did in 3 1/2 years as a rocket.

16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I firmly believe that Hayes' competition has made Baxter play better.

17. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

His mama obviously never put a hat on him when he was a baby. Thats how you shape a head.

18. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Say whaaaat?

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

hayes has played during crunch time in every game since we've called him up. yes yao and stro haven't been back but he played ahead of either juwon or deke in the 4th in all of those games. van gundy has alot of confidence in him to minimize mistakes. his minutes will decrease but depending on matchups i still expect chuck hayes to be out there. deke probably won't be seeing more then ten minutes a game.

20. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Hayes lack of height is offset by his surprising lateral quickness. Most 4's don't posses that kind of lateral quickness. He separates from his man very well, and has the great hands like Otis Thorpe to catch and hold on to the ball while penetrating to the rack. Now if he can just develop a consistant jump shot he would turn in to a nice player.