1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Brandin Knight to 10-day contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tuk88, Jan 16, 2005.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

How come he isn't in the NBA? What the catch?

2. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

yah, i totally see it. There hair is almost identical :D

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Who was cut/to IR?

4. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So do we have to obsess over this guy as we did/do with Boki and Badiene? Or should we wait till he gets a second 10 day contract before we complain that he is never given a chance.

5. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Jim Jackson... :p

6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

allen levell was a source of major hair pulling in my house....talk about a car with no brakes careening down a mountain path.....

aaaaaallllllllllleeeeennnnnn llllleeeevvvveeellllll the guy used to say......we'd say, oh crap not again....here goes the lead...i didn't dislike the guy, it was just......oh never mind...go rockets !!!!

very nice to have the power dancers drop in the club thursday and hand out towels and wacky noise makers too...and to walk by very sllooooowwwwlllly now that was nice...acxtualy talked up a bunch of em and we all agreed that bobbie surs is the bomb..they talked about how he is jsut throwning himself around out there and very impressed they were..go bobbie go...I got to bring a cool towel and weird thunder stick to my bud in dallas who was most appreciative..the ladies and gentlemen were out promoting retro night tuesday with the pistons..that game is gonna rock something tells me....

7. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I mean pacers tuesday of course..

8. jsuspect

jsuspect Member

Additionally, Houston General Manager Carroll Dawson had to say "I can't understand why the Bobcats let someone like Brevin Knight get away. We're looking forward to many great games from him!"

When told he had actually signed BRANDIN Knight, Dawson shrugged, and immediately ran back to his hole-in-the-ground to continue his Magnetic Football Super Bowl Extravaganza.

Editors Note -- Dawson has paid the following "point guards" this year: Bob Sura, Tyronn Lue, Charlie Ward, Reese Gaines, Andre Barrett, BrandIn Knight, and yes...the final year of Matt Maloney's contract. Rumors have it that Haywoode Workman and Vonteego Cummings were unavailable.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Man, that brought back some memories. He could shoot FT's though (with that right angle shooting form). Last I heard, he choked a referee in another league (?)... not sure where he ended up.

10. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

We had a roster space open. So he is our 15th man now as it stands.

Gaines will likely go to the IL since he is of no value (contribution wise) to the team now in order to allow Brandin to be evaluated.

:D :D Now that was amusing.

We did not or rather are not paying Matt Maloney anything this season. His contract just counted against our cap this year. His contract was bought out long time ago.

#50 Fegwu, Jan 17, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  11. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Obsess probably Lol

12. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brandin Knight was 9th in the NBDL in 3 point shooting percentage at 41.7%. So he plays good defense, passes the ball well and is a good defender. Seems pretty good to me.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly how much is a 10 day contract worth?
    League minimun is over 200K
    break it out for abour 6 months
    360 days . . .
    1/36 * 200K

about 5K ~ 6K?

Rocket River
    just curious

14. Driven

Driven Member

Yeah, sorry, I meant Brandin.

Brevin is better than all of them, although I believe Barrett could be just as good if not better if it wasn't for his height.

I can't see Brandin Knight having any long term success with the team.

Barrett was a player that made you constantly say WOW in college. Knight didn't do that for me. It obviously does not matter in the pros. But I'd take the "WOW" guy over the other one, when it comes to judging how good a college player would be in the pros.

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

good way of putting it. I thought Brandin was very solid in college. But rarely did he make you look twice or think "how did he do that"...which will probably translate to an in-and-out NBA career or a 10th man at best.

But hell, Brevin bounced around and was almost out of the NBA twice. You never know when someone will take off in the right situation--Brevin with his many 15+ assist games this year

16. Luis Alvarez

Luis Alvarez Member

hope brandin can play like his brother i think its a decent pickup

17. JamesC

JamesC Member

I saw Brandin Knight over the summer with John Lucas and John Lucas jr. They looked pretty close so I guess this siging dosent surprise me. I hope he does well.

18. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

Brevin is all of 5-10 so I don't see that being a big a difference between the two. But hopefully Brandin can get some PT here and see what he gots.

So I'm guessing Rod Strickland didn't make the cut???

19. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

thankfully... :D

20. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

Actually, another reason the Rox may have brought in Knight is to keep Barrett sharp when going against speed demons like Tony Parker and Francis, or just about any point guard compared to the Rockets guards. He sure isn't going to get tested athletically against Barry and Sura, so-so against Wesley. The Rox play each other more than they play other teams.