1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Brandin Knight to 10-day contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tuk88, Jan 16, 2005.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yeah, but it ends right there.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

There have been some good players that came from other leagues in the past. Avery Johnson started out in the United States Basketball League before getting a shot in the pros. Brad Miller started out over seas in Europe.

Maybe this guy will turn into a decent player...maybe not but it's at least worth a shot.

3. R0ck3ts

R0ck3ts Member

Some of you guys don't think he's as good as Barrett?

Are you nuts? Did any of you watch Big East ball when they were both in college? Brandon Knight's team (Pitt) was all over Seton Hall back then. Brandon's team was one of the best in college ball, hes a solid PG....ok jumper, HORRIBLE free throw shooting. He's a young Eric Snow with a slightly worse jump shot. He's one of those get on the floor, tough little guys.

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

HORRIBLE free throw shooting

I am always suspicious of PGs that can't shoot FTs. Anyway, its only for a 10 day look, unless someone gets injured he probably won't play a minute. Like the other things I hear about the kid, so I guess it is a better choice than Strickland.

5. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

LOL, good old Kenny and Charles!!!

:D :D :D

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That 2.7 TO's per game scares me. The guy doesn't even play 30 minutes in the NBADL.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

They probably play a high paced run and gun offense that he turns it over 2.7

You think JVG would even let him play if makes those mistakes lol....

8. waran007

waran007 Member

Most of what he did at Pitt was out of sheer will and determination. He's always been a hard worker and will continue to be but he's got to be the streakiest shooter I've ever watched play (I'm a big Big East follower). He brought out his best against the best (UConn, Syracuse) every time. He'll never have consistent 3 point range in the NBA as his mid-range shot is even questionable.
    But anyone who watched his incredible performance in the Big East title game in 2002 will be able to tell you he has amazing heart. In that game, he severely sprained his ankle, only to hobble back on the court a la Willis Reed and nearly win the game with a half-court three that rimmed out at the buzzer. I just feel like he can't make it in the NBA because it'll be like playing 4 on 5 on offense. Teams will constantly sag off him and run their point guard to double Yao which we all know is trouble.

9. Driven

Driven Member

Andre Barrett was better than Brevin Knight in every aspect. Just because Pitt is a powerhouse and Seton Hall isn't doesn't mean that Knight is better than Barrett.

Brevin Knight is a good pickup for this situation for this year. He's insurance. If he gets a decent amount of playing time, there is a problem. He's not a player who will spend his whole career in the NBA; He's not good enough.

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

first we start scoring 100 points in a game routinely.

now, we're picking up guys that haven't even played for the knicks yet.

who is this new jvg?

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Mike Wilks, Derrick Chevis, Allen Levvell...pleaase sstop......your killing me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/brandinknight.htm
    NBA Comparison: A taller version of his brother Brevin Knight

Strengths: A fiery competitior who gives his all every play. Provides leadership on both ends of the floor. A pesky defender, Brandin uses his unbelievably quick hands to deflect and steal passes all over the court. Combine his quick hands with super quick feet and you have a great fastbreak starter. Is a point guard in the sense of the word. Gets everyone involved and husstles every play.

Weaknesses: Needs to become a better offensive weapon. Has shot a very low field goal percentage and three point percentage through out his career. Is probably a little shorter than 6 foot, which makes him a liability against bigger guards. Free throw shooting is atrocious for a point guard at 50% and will hurt him if he cant improve upon it.

Notes: Was not considered a big time prospect out of high school. Was the heart and soul of the Panthers last year. Potenital is there for him to become a decent NBA contributor.......Brother, Brevin plays for the Memphis Grizzlies.

Good signing, he seems like a very solid player.

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Weaknesses: Needs to become a better offensive weapon. Has shot a very low field goal percentage and three point percentage through out his career. Is probably a little shorter than 6 foot, which makes him a liability against bigger guards. Free throw shooting is atrocious for a point guard at 50% and will hurt him if he cant improve upon it.

Seems like he will be a good fit with his defensive capabilities, however, he seems like a Reece Gaines type player.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think that was me...

Jemeil Rich - Gary Steelheads (SMU 97')
    18.9 ppg
    10.9 apg
    3.2 spg
    3.7 rpg

Has shooting percentages similar to Sura (46% from field but only 27% from 3). The numbers are down a little from a few weeks ago. Was over 20 ppg and 12 apg but playing 45 minutes per game will do that to you. Only unanimous selection to CBA All-Star Game this year.

http://cbahoopsonline.com/stats/gar_stats.asp

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Derrick Chevis wasn't a pg.

I thought Allen Leavell was a good backup pg.

16. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

????

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Where is Hubert Davis?? He was a Knick.:D :D

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

You mean Brandin. Anyway who is better so we can get some perspective.

Brevin Knight (Charlotte Bobcats)
    Andre Barret (Houston Rockets)
    Brandin Knight (Houston Rockets)

19. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

If Sura stays healthy Knight wont see a single min. on the court. I just hope Sura's knee can hold up till the offseason.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow, congrats to the little dude.

Hopefully he will get some garbage minutes, to allow some rest for Sura.