1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets showing support for the City

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 28, 2017.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Did Harden have any respect for us when he quit on us in game 6?

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

JJ Watt wants to b the face that ask for donation so b it. Everyone contributes in their own little way. Harden doesn't have to say "hey look at me donate some money!" To contribute to the cause. Houston is struggling rn and the fans should be helping in their own way not btching.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

partly right, partly wrong, You're slipping son

Yes, JJ Fatt is an attention ho who is as fake as it comes. I have said this from Day 1. He only does things that benefit his brand. Harden is genuine. Harden cares more for the city of Houston than Fatt.

Also Harden is a much greater player who has accomplished way more than Fatt who is envious that Harden is #1 in Houston and Fatt can only dream to reach Harden's accomplishments.

Curry has nothing to do with it. He doesn't live in Houston, why should you expect him to contribute?

I don't know who the F Rogers is.

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

AARON FRAUDGERS

Snow Villiers likes this.
  5. Nigel Thornberry

[​IMG]

6. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

How about going outside and helping in the recovery efforts or donating some of your time/money instead of b****ing at each other about what other people are doing/not doing.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I honestly don't care how much Harden donates, or if he donates anything for that matter.

If Harden had put in a god like performance leading us to a title fans would be willing to forgive anything up to murder, and they might fight that unless there was a mountain of evidence. Likewise fans in general always have a barometer of forgiveness relative to the players on court performance.

I don't pretend to care whether or not a player is a "nice guy". Kissing babies and donating publicly doesn't mean they aren't a piece of s**t privately, and vice versa. Mugging for good PR isn't gonna truly change my opinion of Harden. Harden played like crap in game 6, that bothers me, not this. As long as they aren't getting into trouble, I'm fine.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Edit: This was an emotional post based on a really harrowing week, and it was pretty out of character for me. I'll just say that I absolutely LOVE Harden, and don't at all question his love for this city. I am glad he's on social media rallying people. I, however, also love J.J. Watt, and what he's done for this city during this time of pain will never be forgotten.

@FTW Rockets FTW no hard feelings man. The last thing we need right now is for Rockets fans to go at each other about anything. This is a time for unity.

#88 Fyreball, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  9. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

How did Les go from $4 million to $10 million? From James Harden's game $6 million. He didn't want to make it about himself, sources say. The eclipse is over.

10. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Leave Harden alone, his favorite strip clubs were effected too :(

el gnomo and cheke64 like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not a Harden apologist. I don't even like James Harden. But what I also don't like is people trying to enforce what they think everyone else should be doing during a crisis. No need for a lecture on "self-respect". Just have respect, period.

It starts with you. It starts with me. What have you done? You don't need to answer that question. You control what you contribute, I control what I contribute.

Shame culture is such poison, and it's creeping into all aspects of our country. Screw that.

MoonBus and cheke64 like this.
  12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

But like what if I like watt and harden?

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Bro racism is way worse.

Im side-eyeing your insensitive and maybe even racist straight white male self right now...

15. FTW Rockets FTW

Peace brother. Wishing you and yours a happy long weekend.

FTW Rockets FTW

Fyreball and Snow Villiers like this.
  16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

It means you are fat and unathletic but have love for the NBA, right @FTW Rockets FTW ?

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Not sure how serious you are, but you'll see that I adjusted my post before you could even try using your shame culture weaponry!

Not sure Harvey gives a damn who is white, black, or math rockers. Racism isn't affecting relief efforts as far as I know. Go look at the photos of black guys rescuing white families and white guys carrying Asian women. Houston is showing a great unity out in the front lines.

So where were we.... Oh yeah, screw shame culture.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

20. FTW Rockets FTW

boobythefail and @Nigel Thornberry eggball dudes surpass all the ones you listed in terms of fat and dumb

No contest here