1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should Trade Morey and CP3 to LA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxFanfrom93, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

CP is a dilemma right now.

On one side, he is clearly declining physically, as evidenced by his performance against the Warriors this year vs last year. It is safe to assume that one year from now, he is going to decline further. What's worse is the contract that he is on and how it will handicap this team from upgrading.

But on the other side, CP is the calming presence that Harden needs. He gives Harden some rest on and off the court by running the offense himself. He takes the ball handling pressure off of Harden. And he makes opponents think about doubling Harden as a second decision maker on the floor. Without him, I think Harden's play will become a little erratic and will put extra mileage/load on him. He is also sets the tone competitively and defensively.

This team needs Chris Paul, just not at that price.

This team also needs to add talent to compensate for CP's decline.

I would be open to trading CP if we can get someone that can help Harden with the ball handling/decision making abilities along with another star level talented player, both of whom are excellent defenders.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

I hear Carmelo Anthony is available.

:D

3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I thought I was gonna come into this Carl Herrera thread and say can we trade our Carl for the real amigo but I am disappoint!

It’s some other OP willing to throw away our greatest asset in Morey for Josh Hart. Insert GTFO GIF!!!!!

BamBam likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we have to dump CP3's contract if anyone is willing to take it on. without unloading that anchor, harden has zero chance of being able to win a title in his career as the main guy. he will always be competing against multiple all-stars in the playoffs. even with KD and boogie out, it was still 1 on 3

Zboy likes this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I understand that. I know that that contract is an anchor and is going to get heavier.

What I am saying is that he still brings much needed attributes to this team that will need to be brought in if he is sent off.

I would still love him on this team if it wasnt for that contract.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah i mean we still do need a PG if he's gone. but there's a chance we could find a serviceable replacement. with his contract still on the books though, there is no chance of getting another star on the team during harden's prime.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This is how I picture the OP. Apologies to Malcolm McDowell and Stanley Kubrick.

[​IMG]

Plowman likes this.
  8. shlhl

shlhl Member

CP3 is getting older and slower and not getting better. Just have to swallow it. Hope no one on the team is on track to follow that.

9. jowman

jowman Member

Lol great board. Let’s pile on this guy for starting a thread and threaten to ban him from posting cause he dared to say something you don’t agree with.

Guess you all are a bunch of geniuses then who believe this team actually have a shot at winning with CPs contract.

What a circle jerk of bros patting each other on the back for having the same opinion, and having a contest of who can bash this guy the hardest.

10. jowman

jowman Member

Lol great board. Let’s pile on this guy for starting a thread and threaten to ban him from posting cause he dared to say something you don’t agree with.

Guess you all are a bunch of geniuses then who believe this team actually have a shot at winning with CPs contract.

What a circle jerk of bros patting each other on the back for having the same opinion, and having a contest of who can bash this guy the hardest.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I personally don't mind trading any player if it makes the team better in return. If trading CP3 makes the Rockets better, so be it. Trading Morey however, will not make us better.

Ramo$e likes this.
  12. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Ah the irony.....OP starts horrible nonsensical thread and it gets 3200+ views and 70 plus replies that actually turns out some decent comments....

Ramo$e and RyanB like this.
  13. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

these are truly absurd threads, ban worthy

14. RoxFanfrom93

RoxFanfrom93 Member

Plenty of GMs out there who will do a fine job. Trading for cp3 with all those assets at a time when younger better options were available for cheaper (kyrie, pg13, butler, Bledsoe) and resigning him to the albatross contract in itself should be a fireable offense

15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

No bro this was just a silly thread a couple of months ago and its still silly to reiterated a nonexistent hypothetical circumstance.

I for one appreciate CP3 even coming. We gave him our word and i like that we stick to it. The contract is not the best but he is still useful. It only looks bad because we have two star point guards. James need to slide back to the 2. Cp3 can pass and effect the game in other ways.

We trade him now, another superstar we possibly get through trade with never resign.

Let Morey handle this. He will find a under valued player that outplays his contract. Its not like he hasn't before.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

#76 J.R., May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    macan and Ramo$e like this.
  17. xaos

xaos Member

Or it was just a bad idea. It really could be that simple.

18. macan

macan Member

CP to lakers confirmed..dam what are we getting back? ball and kuzma??

19. RoxFanfrom93

RoxFanfrom93 Member

A bag of doritos will suffice