1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should go after Clark ,Posey and Murray

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Summer Song Giver, Nov 19, 2000.

1. Summer Song Giver

First off let me say that with the developing situation involving Shandon Anderson feuding with Steve and Cat he(SA)might likely leave at the end of the year anyway.So that being said here's a couple of solutions that would have us landing a defensive big man(who doesn't need touches to get his stats) and a small forward who could challenge Walt for the starter's spot(either Posey or Murray could do that).The Trade also would help Denver by giving them the shooting guard they need(there is no doubt in my mind SA is equal to Abdul-Wahad defensivly and better than TAW offensivly.So here it is the ideal trade for the Rox IMO

Denver gets
    Shanden Anderson and Carlos Rogers

Houston gets
    Keon Clark,James Posey and Tracy Murray

I'm not sure if Denver would trade Posey and I know they have been reluctant to move Clark as evidence by the "Big Nasty Rumors" http://www.sportstalk.com/nba/ but even if they refused to move Posey the combination of Clark and Murray for Anderson and Rogers also works uder the CBA and probably still be enough to get me to do the deal.I'd hate to move Shanden but this is a business and right now I think Cat all things considered is our better option for the future and getting such returns as Clark and Posey would be a deal I would have to consider.Let me know how y'all feel about this one,I personally think it would be a great step in the right direction for the Rockets.

------------------
    I'm not the type to eat it up but the type to hit it raw dog and seed it up.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Right now I think someone is really overestimating Shandon's value. Posey is a very nice young swingman who will be a solid player. Clark is an extremely athletic player with a ton of tools, and can play all three frontcourt positions. Murray is still useful for some 3's off the bench. Shandon is a good player, but there's no way to any team he's worth that much. Rogers doesn't have much value at all.

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier fan club!

Looking for next year's Jason Collier or Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

3. Thanos

Thanos Member

For those who complain about Walt being one-dimensional, Murray is one-dimensional as it gets.

He is a whiny shooter who is of NO use to us.

We donĀ“t need another Matt Bullard when we have the real thing.

Posey and Clark are not worth Shandon and Rogers in my book.

Shandon is of KEY value to the rockets and any notions of trading him should be dismissed as utter lunacy.

Trading Shandon would ruin the Rockets reputation in the trade market and would weaken any future plans of landing Webber.

Rogers is a nice player who always have issues of PT with our team, unfortunately, but i like his hustle and would only trade him for a considerably more attractive package.

Now, Mcdyess on the other hand... [​IMG]

------------------
    "I have posted so much that what I say must be true"

4. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

How about Marcus Camby? [​IMG]

------------------

5. Summer Song Giver

Murray once scored 63 in a game with Washington when was the last time Bullard scored 30?

If Posey and Clark aren't worth Shanden and Los in your book I would have to question the value of your book [​IMG]

I don't understand the KEY value you speak of unless you mean defensivly in which case Cat's inability to keep opposing players out of the lane would only send them in to Clark who blocks 1.8 shots a game in only approx. 25 minutes a game.Sure we lose the lock down defender on the outside but gain another shot blocking presence which IMO is far more discouraging to penetrating guards.

So what if our reputation is ruined,which I'm not sure it would be,unless we have some Joe Smith type of gaurutee with SA already.

Thanos please respond [​IMG]

------------------
    I'm not the type to eat it up but the type to hit it raw dog and seed it up.

[This message has been edited by Summer Song Giver (edited November 19, 2000).]

6. Thanos

Thanos Member

If you send another swingman to NY, a riot would take over the streets as soon as word got out... [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Thanos (edited November 19, 2000).]

7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, this seems like the place to dreamcast some deals

If Shandon is truly unhappy, I would do this if possible (haven't checked numbers, should be close BYC could screw with it, but we do have a 1.2 mill trade exception for BSB)

Denver:
    Tariq Abdul-Wahad
    Raef Lafrentz

Houston:
    Shandon Anderson
    Kelvin Cato

Raef is a nice shotblocker and rebounder, and has an outside shot (and a cheap rookie scale contract). I recall a little unhappiness in TAW, even though he just signed a long-term deal. Denver gets their true center, and we hope that Raef strengthens up, and with Collier's emergence as a decent roleplayer, and Hakeem for the time being gives him time to develop his upper body.

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Follow the rules or be assimilated.
    Shandon is underrated.

8. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

not bad...a few months without a stupid ass trade offer. give me a damn break. rogers is nothing. anderson is not even close to worth all 3. try again please.

------------------
    the nuggets suck...i know, i know!

9. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

two bad ones in one thread. bash away and tell me how great your players are and how bad ours are and that these deals are steals for the nuggets and we are just homers and dumb...go head. dont care.

these deals are 100% garbage. not even close to fair. nuggets suck...fine. but these deals are stupid. flat out.

------------------

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Nike's trade idea isn't that bad.

as far as talent level being traded anyway.

But seriously doubt it would happen.

------------------
    There are 3 kinds of lies:

lies, lies, and heypeeisms.

-DrofDunkingDonuts

11. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

your right, its not as bad as the first. but its still bad.

cato and anderson for raef and wahad? cato is hurt and is average while anderson is struggling this year.

try and see it from our perspective and dont even start with 'raef isnt a true center...you guys need a true center...cato is a true center so the deal is good no matter who else is involved...the nuggets must love it!'

------------------

12. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

well, if you are going by this year's performances, then Raef and Wahad aren't exactly having great years either. LaFrentz did have that awesome game against the Tpups though.

But I just don't see the Nuggets wanting SA enough to give up LaFrentz for Cato. SA just isn't that much of an upgrade at SG to justify the trade, or at least he doesn't appear to be.

------------------

-DrofDunkingDonuts

13. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

especially with the way lenard is playing. wahad and him are doing fine at the spot.

i thought you guys loved SA anyways.

------------------

14. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I do. That article just has everyone spooked.

Why can't everyone just get along?

------------------

-DrofDunkingDonuts

15. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

what article?

the canoe one? the newspaper rap fans compare to peter vescey?

the fact that its toronto pursuing the deal while denver laughs at it...the fact that the salaries dont match...the fact that it makes us smaller than before or it gives us stewarts contract after kroenke ate cory alexanders bad contract?

oh THAT ONE! [​IMG]

------------------

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

17. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

oh i thought you were talking about the article which mentioned trading keon and murray.

wow...so you guys think SA will be traded?

as for dice, he was hurting bad through like the first 6 games or so. sat out a couple, missed entire halfs in others. but last 2-3 games hes been doing great. 28 and 18 last night vs lakers.

------------------

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

ohh, that's what I thought, but wasn't sure.

I don't think Shandon will be traded unless he does something of Pippen-esque proportions. But you never know ...

------------------

-DrofDunkingDonuts

19. Thanos

Thanos Member

Summer: we OBVIOUSLY have some kind of under the table Joe Smith deal with Shandon.

Everybody knows that for a fact, but Rocket officials are not dumb enough to start yelling about it.

Tracy Murray scored that much exactly HOW long ago?

If the guy was in the Wizards doghouse and now is in Denver's it has to be for SOME reason...

And i wouldn't put that much value on Keon Clark if i were you.

Frok what i've heard, his work ethic mirror Cato's...

and that's not saying much, is it?
    Besides, he is WAY too skinny for his size, unless i'm mistaken.

------------------

20. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

murray lost pt cuz mccloud, posey and lenard are playing well. he didnt do anything wrong. as for clark, im not giving him alot of value but you guys are making him sound like ryan bowen.

------------------