1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should draft Shabazz!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by FEAR THE BEARD, Mar 29, 2014.

1. FEAR THE BEARD

After watching this year of college basketball, including the NCAA tourney, Shabazz Napier looks like the complete point guard that the Rockets need. He could start, and Beverley could come off the bench. Agree or disagree?

2. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Great player, but the guard position is getting a bit cluttered at this point. Jeremy is still around, Beverley is good, and Canaan is rising too. If Houston really wants to upgrade at the 1 they should consider getting a legitament star caliber player rather than just more solid players in the mix.

4. FEAR THE BEARD

I feel like Chris Bosh would be the perfect fit for us, considering he is a stretch 4/5 and will have the option of free agency. If only it was likely....

5. Muaz

Muaz Member

Shabazz is a really talented player he's been on some notable u conn tea with kemba lamb and Drummond not afraid to take bi shots good shooter can get to the rim, and I especially like his floater he can create for his teammates to but he is just so ball dominant, he just wouldn't be a good fit for us

6. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

7. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Why are people calling him Shabazz? I get him confused with Shabazz Mohammed

8. Nook

Nook Member

I suspect he has shot up the draft charts with his play.

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Man you guys have little to no respect for Beverley.... Just freaking ridiculous...

T_Man

10. Willard Decker

Only on this board would people argue that a mid-second-round-pick should start over proven NBA players. There are people here who still believe Vassilis Spanoulis would have been a perennial All-NBA Team selection if not for Jeff Van Gundy.

--Captain Decker

11. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

12. mhch720

mhch720 Member

Well, I mean, that is his first name...

13. Willard Decker

We should be careful not to refer to Randle as Julius. Otherwise, people might think we're talking about Julius Erving.

--Captain Decker

14. basketballholic

LOLOLOL

Vassy is one of the best point guards in the world.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PCij475dESw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

LOLOLOL, you are obsessed by the V-jay-span. Van Gundy has moved beyond controlling your thoughts and emotions to controlling your entire on-line "life".

Maybe "Vassy" (feeling… sassy?) is one of the best point guards in the world of European basketball, populated by plodding, no defense chumps… And indoor livestock.

As to the actual thread topic, I disagree that the Rockets should draft Napier. He's having a great tournament, but we don't need to reach on a slight-framed 6-1 point guard anytime soon.

1 person likes this.
  17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

give me jabari brown

18. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Jabari would flourish in Houston with Harden showing him the ropes..

19. yummyhawtsauce

Disagree. He has a nice shot, quick, athletic, can get to rim at times, but I never once saw a lot of pg skills. He reminds me more of Monta Ellis. Early to say, because maybe he can develop that skillset.

20. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Forget Shabazz. We should really draft that guy from Michigan State, what's his name, Martin Cleaves? Dude's the real deal. Total package.