1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets seeking trade this week after waiving House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

With some of the shooting we've seen around here, the occasional airballs would be an improvement.

Vivi, BigMaloe and baller4life315 like this.
  2. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Still weird that they cut House this early still lol. They still need him to play those minutes. Cut him when you make the trade not “we might make a trade”

This whole season has been a massive question mark.... Something don’t seem right.

3. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I thought waiving Danuel House was a move to sign Clark to a multi year dear than bring House back on a 2-way. I doubt a move is done this week.

alethios likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ask Pearl Jam

5. PWR

PWR Member

Step One
    Rockets get:
    John Wall
    Otto Porter
    Tomas Satoransky

Wizards get:
    Chris Paul
    PJ Tucker
    Carmelo Anthony
    Gary Clark
    First Round pick

Step Two
    Rockets get:
    JR Smith

Cavs get:
    Brandon Knight
    2nd Round Pick

Step Three
    Rockets get:
    Marvin Williams

Hornets get:
    Marquese Chriss
    Nene
    2nd round pick

Rockets roll with...
    John Wall
    Harden
    Ennis
    Otto Porter
    Capela

Gordon
    Tomas Satoransky
    Marvin Williams
    JR Smith
    Green

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

No offense, but stopped reading once I saw ”Rockets get: John Wall” .

7. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

I wouldn't get too excited about, or too attached to, who ever may be headed our way. If they are pushing to get the deal done by Fri, that means they're probably not looking at this move as a long term solution. They want to be able to flip these incoming players before the deadline in Feb...right? That's the motivation to get it done now....right? Or am I reading into this the wrong way? Probably nothing game changing....I would love to be wrong though.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am being serious.

Can you stop kidding around, for once?

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Why would the Cavs want all of Knight's contract next year? I think Smith might be a target, but more so with a bunch of smaller pieces.

10. craguin

craguin Member

Cavaliers are supposedly open to taking on "long-term salary"... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    [ESPN - Windhorst - Nov 28. 2018]
    In conversations the Cavs have had around the league, they've begun to express that they'll be willing to take on long-term salary as the trade deadline approaches, league sources said. The Cavs have a couple of veterans they are going to be willing to trade.

The most interest is expected to be in Kyle Korver, who is shooting 46 percent on 3-pointers, but they also have the attractive contract of George Hill, who is making $19 million this season and has just $1 million guaranteed for next season. Hill, who is out because of a shoulder injury, was off to a good start, averaging 12.6 points and shooting 48 percent on 3-pointers in 10 games.

There's a lot of salary-cap space out there this summer, and other teams' books are in better shape now than they were just a year or two ago. It's not clear what the market will be to move money, especially if it includes a desire for picks in the 2019 draft. That said, the Cavs are willing to look out a few years, and a willingness to be a dumping ground for a contract could become relevant both in February at the trade deadline and in June around the draft.

11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

So we trade an old guy who is always hurt for a younger guy who is always hurt.

12. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Joe, Knight, Chriss 2 firsts for James Johnson and Josh Richardson?

It probably won't happen because of Miami wanting to hold onto Richardson but maybe two 1sts would be enough to pry him away.
    Fills wing depth and Tucker relief. Richardson can handle the ball a little too from what I can remember.. and James can play small ball 5.. I think. Ok be honest I don't watch ALOT of Miami ok? :)

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Because he has demanded a trade multiple times and has jo other trade value.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Sounds like Morey is aiming for a deal where the other team is preaching patience, and he has told them it's got to be now or he's pulling the trigger on a different deal. They think he's bluffing.

Morey tells them he's serious and that I.D.I.O.T. on Clutchfans.

He waives a 20-minute rotation player and - in effect - publicly announces it's for the purposes of a trade. We must be trading something of significance (i.e. either picks or Gordon) otherwise no one gives a F what we do with our poo poo platter. Can't bluff with Knight, Melo, Chriss, etc.

I'm just glad they are aware nothing matters to this team more than getting a rotation wing who, ideally, can shoot and defend.

15. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Hopefully they can get Jimmy Butler!

BigggReddd, D-rock and jcf like this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Welp... House got the 'MDA short stint in the rotation special'... Melo got his 10 games... Clark got some burn for a minute.... onto the next contestant.... i'd be nice if MDA would actually commit to developing someone.... at least House isnt just another guy glued to the bench i guess,,, lol

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Do you really want to expend valuable assets for such an incremental - I hate to call Jr Smith an "improvement" but that's the word I'll use …. assets for such an incremental improvement ??
    Seems like such a waste ….

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

lower your expectations, then you won't be disappointed as much

GotGame15 and saleem like this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

An alternative target could be Bazemore. Atlanta may want to fleece us with a couple of 1st rounders plus Knight's 2 yr contract. I'm not implying that they will be able to do that.
    Just speculation on my part.

JoeBarelyCares and ApacheWarrior like this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I like the idea of Simmons, and I think he has a higher ceiling than Ennis. IMO by next season he would be a better starter than Ennis. The problem is the fact that he hasn't shot well for years is likely to get him benched by MDA. Let's put aside whether we agree if that's a smart choice by MDA, but we all know how it usually works out with MDA and it would be a damn shame if we made a trade for someone the coach will just not play.

Upside: good passer, good defender, good effort, good/flexible contract, hometown guy, spent first 2 seasons in Spurs system
    Downside: below average wingspan (means he will never bother taller guys at the 4), poor shooter thus far

The problem is I find it highly unlikely Orlando is trying to unload him for picks. IMO they would rather have the cap relief from his contract or playable vets in return. This contract is not hurting them at all, so you would have to give them some incentive to include it. They would be trying to move Fournier if anyone. Fournier could have some value to us (basically as a backup PG/SG/SF). Not an ideal fit and a poor defender by most accounts. Still he scores and passes well.

Knight, Gordon and Chriss for Fournier, Simmons and Augustin wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if that suits the Magic (don't know where their head is about the roster). We downgrade fairly significantly from Gordon to Fournier off the bench, but we really help our wing and PG depth giving us some more balance. All 3 of the guys we'd be getting are decent to very good passers as well and we have been extremely lacking in guys who can pass other than Paul and Harden. Would keep our picks, allowing us to dump salary in the summer.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.