1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' scout comments on 2 potential draftees

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Dr of Dunk, Jun 20, 2001.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

NBA.com is running a feature in which scouts from around the league comment on some of the top players. The feature can be found here

It's not much, but Rockets' scout Brent Johnson had the following to say about the 2 players listed below:

<FONT COLOR=BLUE>Shane Battier</FONT>

"Every year, he was asked to do something different, and every year he kept stepping up, stepping up, and doing it. His basketball intelligence on both ends of the floor is phenomenal. Whatever you teach him, he is going to pick it up like a sponge and go with it."

<FONT COLOR = BLUE>Loren Woods</FONT>

"He played in a pro-style offense and that helped him. He didn't have to post up all the time. He was able to run around and make things happen. He's got to work on his body strength, but he's a 7-1 guy and when that ball goes up in the air, he's going to get it."

------------------
    "I had mine chewed off by a boss one time." -- Behad leaves us wondering if he gets hazard pay...

2. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Thanks for the info Doctor.

If we were to get Battier, I would get happy feet.

If we get Woods, I'm still pretty happy.

Even though many have touted the high potential players (i.e., not Battier), I believe that he really fits the profile of a guy would Rudy would love to get. He adds one more long term piece that makes the Rockets 60% of the way toward a championship caliber starting 5 for the decade.

Moochie, Steve, Cat, and Battier are four players who make your only job filling the 4/5 with comparable talent.

------------------
    Some days you eat the bear. Some days the bear eats you.