1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets schedule meeting with James Nunnally

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 1, 2018.

1. vince

vince Member

About 1 to 1.1 million a year for a player with his years experience.

saleem likes this.
  2. Rokman

Rokman Member

Since the season doesn't start until the end of October - 3 months away - Im just gonna chill. I watch it for entertainment anyway, it doesn't pay MY bills so I really don't care one way or the other. The Warriors just won the Championship and all anyone can talk about is next season and who will win then. It's not like once the Rockets win the Championship it changes anything. The next day everyone will move on and talk about what is going on today. No one really relishes in the "Glory" anymore. The news Orgs move on to the next story and what will happen next. It all really feels pointless unless youre a player and it's been your lifelong dream and you're collecting all that playoff money.

3. vince

vince Member

You speak truth :)

Pro Sports is like a soap opera; except it isn’t supposed to be scripted like pro wrestling.... Though it very well could with bogus referee calls to benefit the TV and League poster boy teams.... But it’s entertainment nonetheless... A distraction from the mundane...

Let’s not forget that scripted athletics make a lot of money too; maybe one day all pro sports will fess up and acknowledge their bias for the team that makes them the most money..

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish him the best. He can learn a lot from Chris Paul. He should grab this golden opportunity to become a reliable NBA player.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

he's got that previous-level athleticism. based on his highlight reel, he does make every shot he takes, though.

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

"any scrub can shoot 55% if it's 22 ft" - trevor ariza probably

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Can't we beat that? Uh, Morey, you might want to give this guy one more call. We still have the MLE, at least what we don't give Melton to insure we hang on to the guy and develop him. The reports say Melo is signing the minimum. Why not role the dice with Nunnally? From what I've read the guy's a lights out shooter. From the bit of video I've seen he looks good. We could use another 3&D wing. Maybe he doesn't have the defense we'd like, but by all reports, he's got the 3.

Maybe Daryl has someone else in mind, or maybe Nunnally doesn't want to come over, to be fair, but we can beat that reported salary he's fixing to take. Ennis and Nunnally could make a good pair of wings to run with the second unit, in my opinion. Put the two together and it adds up to 3 and D.

eman likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Rockets could beat that offer with a Vet Min deal. But clearly have moved on. This tells me they are comfortable with Ennis and "whatever other move they will make" will fill the holes.

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If Melo is in fact starting, and it’s appraring that he is, then our back up SF is Ennis (and GG if 2 of Harden Paul and Gordon are on the floor). We’re definitely keeping PJ in the starting line up. So we really aren’t in a rush to get another swing forward.

topfive and RudyTBag like this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I guess that ship has sailed, and Daryl is the captain.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Look at what the ship is doing to the air! :eek:

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Daryl at the wheel and we be humming! :eek:
    If Morey is anything, it's unpredictable.

He may hear a hum that our ears can't find, but he won't get a bum who can't handle the grind. We may think we know what he's going to do, but his plans are known by a chosen few. We won 65 games when we weren't supposed to, so let's give Daryl a chance to do what he do.

Something like that.

skroodup25 and Bobsputin like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hope it's not this ship.

[​IMG]

:eek:

topfive likes this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[
    [​IMG]

DonKnock, JuNx, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  15. bongman

bongman Member

This is just me. 2 companies offering me the same job but the other one will give me more opportunity to grow (playing time) and showcase my skillset. I think the latter will give me a better opportunity to make more money in the future.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Almost no one in the Euro leagues gets the kind of minutes a starter or a rotation player gets in the NBA. Every one of our main rotation players averaged more minutes than Nunnally did last season in Europe, where he shot 54% from 3. They just do it differently. While they certainly have their stars, they play more "team driven," and not so much star driven, like it is here. That's been my impression, at any rate. While I would certainly understand Nunnally wanting to play in Europe simply because he likes it there, putting aside the money aspect, I'm not sure that he'd get a lot more minutes, not if he had a good camp with the Rocks, shooting lights out and picking up at least some of our defensive system. It might take until mid-season to earn MDA's trust, but Coach loves him some good shooters.

17. bongman

bongman Member

I dont know man. He does not have to prove anything in Europe to get playing time and as you said, he will need to earn MDA's trust. We are a stacked basketball team and it would be difficult to see him getting minutes ahead of Gerald Green, Ennis, Hartenstein or Qi (long shot).

18. craguin

craguin Member

Clippers? Lakers? or just a layover for the next stop?

19. Fantasma Negro

Who the **** cares