1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets receive Vince Edwards from Jazz

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Vincent Edwards has played 1 game with the Vipers. He totaled 16pts on 4/8 3ptrs.

I am sure he will play most of his minutes with the Vipers this year. He doesn't offer enough "other stuff" like Clark to get any minutes. Time will tell with Edwards.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Edwards can take Melo's spot .

Does anyone else think he looks like Eric Andre ?

DreamShook likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, I feel like Gary came out of nowhere. I say just try to see if Vince has something. Maybe the Rockets found another Gem.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think it's because of the hair cut.

5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

maybe he can take Ennis spot

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

You take gleague players, you gonna play like gleague team

coachbadlee likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

From the summer league to the pre-season, I think Edwards needs more time. You could see from the jump in pre-season that Clark brought intangibles aside from shooting that kept him on the floor. Edwards value add was shooting and he was kind of meh. He was a ghost out there really. Not saying I am giving up on him, but he needs more time to be a factor.....if he ever becomes one.

DreamShook likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree. I just have a lot of faith in Harden and CP3. I want to see him with them first. Harden and CP3 just need guys that are about that life. I think Vince is smart enough to stay is his lane and just be a guy like Gary.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Deanthony Melton was a gem. So was Trevon Duval. The Rockets quietly had themselves a nice little draft but threw most of it away for whatever reason.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Duval hasn't done jack squat.

Melton looked good in the summer league, but hasn't done anything with the Suns to get him in the rotation. And this is a team that NEEDS PG help.

Rockets found Gary Clark. He is playing like a late 1st round pick as a bench rotation player. They hit big with that.

Deckard likes this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

As far as Melton and Duval at concerned, the team didn't keep them around long enough for them to do much. The least they could have done was send them all to G-league for half the season like they did or may be doing with Edwards. That way they would be ready to contribute if needed. Duval could turn out to be the ideal PG that they were looking for. Melton could have been a Gary Clark clone. Or not.
    Another thing, they need big man help but refuse to let Chriss get out there. Yes he doesn't know the offense quite yet, but that doesn't mean that he won't learn it. The Rockets do the same thing every single season with their rookies and young players and it always comes back to bite them in the end. They always end up needing one or all of them when it counts.