1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-call Donatas Motiejunas from D-League.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Feb 1, 2016.

1. malakas

malakas Member

it's not the lowest value he will ever have. The lowest value he will ever have is when he chooses his QO next season. Then his trade value will be = 0.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I wouldn't have thought so.

He could still be traded, and his QO will be 3.2million (quite the bargain for next season). If he was to accept it, then there might be some value in trading him to a team that needs a rotation player, but has little wriggle room, or a smaller exception that it can sneak him into.

3. malakas

malakas Member

when a player chooses his qo he must consent to a trade, and if he does he loses his bird rights. That means less years and less errr how you say it in english, adding from year to year of the %.
    So when a player has taken the qo he's basically untradeable. The only way he may consent to a trade is if the team blackmails him by refusing to give him any playing time.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Season is on the line, really?

The season is halfway done, best is 4th or 5th place and that is where we are. About 6th and 7th seed for now.

No high expectations, just play those two.

We got nothing to lose

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

A team that just made it to the finals in the west .... and supposedly solved their most pressing issue doesn't have "High Expectations" ?!

You ask me this Rockets team is probably the leagues biggest disappointment .... maybe you could argue New Orleans but they didn't come in with nearly the expectations ....

6. Asian Sensation

Bye Felicia (Jones) byeeee!

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am talking about now.

Probably there are some fans like me that process reality differently.

From the McHale firing on and from the 30 games mark on the season was going to be disastrous.

We turned it around and made it mediocre and very likely a tad above mediocre.

If you have followed this Rox team closely you would know there are fundamental problems that one or two trades cannot solve.

That said the role players have been playing better but so will other teams, the competition.

We just won't be great this year. The sooner you expect reality, the better.

Of course I am rooting for a Rockets underdog upset in the playoffs but I am not counting on it.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And if he does what will be your reaction?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most people would probably just scratch their head as to why he would trade away the best PF on the roster.....Jones fans would jump for joy because it would probably mean the Rockets have to suffer through his awful play for the rest of the season.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The guy hasn't played in a year and will leave the Rockets with the lovely choice of matching a max offer in the offseason.

We need to package him with whatever we can and try and get a guy like Horford.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Jones doesn't have a faithful fan base like Dmo Bobbythegreat. And Smith is the best PF we have on this roster. Jones is out the door as well.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, Jones is hot garbage and still to this day you'll see a few of his hardcore fans still making excuses for him. Let him have a random good game and they'll be putting him in the all star game.

As to Smith being the best PF on the roster.....I'm sure you know that isn't true even if you don't feel like you can admit that now.

13. dmoneybangbang

[​IMG]

Good to see you are still using coloring books and crayons.

It's amazing you still can't figure out that no one likes Jones, it's just they don't agree with your assessment.

2 people like this.
  14. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

<This message has been removed by the FineBros>

15. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

He is going back to RGV for couple more games after practice.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Smith is the better defender, rebounder, passer and ball handler. Dmo has the better low post move and that's it.

And you're over reacting again. I don't ever see people on here hyping up Jones like that. Now some of us have defended the young man for sure.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, we can let this be your next take that inevitably goes down in flames now that you aren't pushing the Jones over DMo hot take anymore. I guess it's progress.

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

There aren't jones fans, there are rockets fans. Agenda crew is teh ghey

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, we can call them agenda crew if you like, I call them Jones fans because up until recently that's what they were. Of course now they are moving on from that and pretending that was never the case, but it doesn't change anything.

Also, when I say "Jones fans" it's not suggesting that they aren't also Rockets fans, just Rockets fans with an affinity for awful PF play. You don't have to be one or the other. I know, crazy concept. Take 5 to recover if I just blew your mind with that.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This has been pointed out to you before, jopat....

Just because someone doesn't despise Terrence Jones' every breath...

Just because someone doesn't believe that he's the Son of Satan sent to destroy the Rockets and that each of his footsteps sets that bit of earth afire, much like Michael Jackson's feet light up the pavement in "Billy Jean"...

Even if someone acknowledges that Terrence Jones is maddeningly inconsistent, which jerks your chain because it implies he does have his good moments (moments lesser-seen now that he knows he's not wanted here for the long run, like a sofa carried to the curb with the sign thrown on it saying "Practically free, make an offer")....

None of these things means we're FANS of Terrence Jones. We just haven't joined your "I Hate Terrence Jones Meetup Group".