1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets pride. Don't want to be here Omer? See ya!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aaly1130, Nov 16, 2013.

1. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

Parsons is the epitome of team pride. The whole Asik appreciation thread made me sick. His lackadaisical effort and childish/obvious frustration has affected the team. His 2nd half performance earlier this week caused us an OT game. Get outta here and go fumble the balls in Milwaukee. Good luck finding some decent adana kebap near Sheboygan!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>More Parsons: &quot;Greg Smith goes down, Marcus Camby gets surgery. He's going to get a lot of minutes I don't know what he's so upset about&quot;</p>&mdash; Daniel Gotera (@DTGoteraKHOU) <a href="https://twitter.com/DTGoteraKHOU/statuses/401760365618266113">November 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>More Parsons on Asik (cont): &quot;He's gotta come out here and perform and be a professional about it.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rockets&amp;src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Gotera (@DTGoteraKHOU) <a href="https://twitter.com/DTGoteraKHOU/statuses/401760707349209088">November 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I'm sorry if this seems rude but come on man, u couldn't put this in one of the omer threads on the first page

3. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

easy for Parsons to say as he is one of the guys that gets the most minutes in the entire league and starts:rolleyes:

4. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

This coming from the guy that posts the same Ersan shot chart in 7 different posts in a 12 hr period. come on mate!

1 person likes this.
  5. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Well it was twice and it was because someone asked what type of player he was in anouther thread, maybe your getting confused because my millsap one looks the same maybe.

I could have easily made a thread out of it mind u like you have graced CF's with

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Alright guys settle down. Obviously this probably didnt need its own thread. Asik requested a trade way before the season started, it just now is getting publicity because of how we are playing and his lack of minutes. Yes it would be great to have Asik buy in and accept a lesser role for the greater good of the team. But realistically you cannot blame Asik for wanting more than what, 10 mins a game? This dude was almost an all-star last season, now he's reduced to a 8th or 9th man on rotation.

2 people like this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I agree, but its not that easy to say.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

exactly. Its a normal human response. His next contract will be determined by whether or not he starts.

Asik should have been traded long ago.

9. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

How do we know he is going to Milwaukee? Doc Rocket is a great source but its not a given...

10. cdastros

cdastros Member

I don't have a problem with the trade demand. I have a problem with him quitting on the team. T Mac got more heat the Asik and contributed a lot more to this franchise.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Thank you. Asik doesn't deserve this. He is a top 5 defensive center and the Rockets are going to regret not making it work with him.

12. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Well it makes sense that he quits on the team because if he's producing then Morey will less likely urgently find a trade for him.

13. torocan

torocan Member

This isn't Asik's or Morey's fault.

Morey went for the better player. Asik was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He asked for the trade prior to the season, we tried to make it work, now he's just saying again that he wants out. Nothing wrong with that. He wants to start, he doesn't want to be a back up (he did that in Chicago), and he has a future contract to consider.

Guy has to feed his kids, and Centers don't get paid big bucks in general unless they're Starters or a genius like Morey spots him. And given he's *already* on the Genius' team, he can't hope that in 3 years if he's still a back up that someone will make the same leap of faith.

Anyway, the guy has only missed ONE game. We'll see what happens over the next several weeks as Morey works his usual magic.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Shots fired from Parsons!

15. cdastros

cdastros Member

It never makes sense to quit when you are getting paid millions of dollars to do a job.

16. hltiki

hltiki Member

Truth

People point at the paycheck, but guess what, most players, actually, most individuals, would rather take a pay cut and do what they love and have their talents maximized, potentially making their name, efforts, and contributions last in history

17. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

The main focus of this post was meant to show Parsons standing up for OUR ROCKETS! My rant on Omer was secondary. If you turn or give up on the Rockets, you are the equivalent of a Jazz/Mavs player to me Omer. Sorry this post was sidetracked by the bitter Aussie who had to fulfill the obligatory "why does THIS post exist, it shouldve been in another thread" quota on CF.

18. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Parsons (and players in general) needs to shut up and stay out of these things. It's been one game, how do you know Asik has quit?? And saying these things to the public can't be good for the locker room.

If we ever get Durant and Parsons' minutes get significantly reduced, I hope he accepts it gracefully instead of running off to Hollywood.

1 person likes this.
  19. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

It's easy to tell someone to be a team player when your minutes are slash from 30 to 4...So Parsons can miss me and Omer w/ that BS!!!

20. yunac010

yunac010 Member

You think if Dwight starts pouting about not getting touches Parsons would have the balls to call him out like that? Chandler's not standing up for the Rockets. He's trying to give off the impression that he's a leader and professional.