1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets playing chess AND poker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 10, 2019.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Keep posting your one of the best and I love your optimism and positive outlook.

it aligns with my outlook, because well..... we’re Rockets fans.

I don’t get why so many ppl are negative all
    The time. If your a rockets fan you should be happy we make big moves and go for it. Not many franchises get star players like houston does.

And I’m not just talking the harden years.

We’ve had stars and a lot of them for the past 40 years. And outside or Hakeem and Yao we traded for damn near all of them or signed them.

Only the lakers heat and recently GS have had the amount of success in terms of getting stars as the rockets.

This is a fun franchise we get big names. What’s not to like? we go for it....sooner or later we’ll win a championship or 2 again.

Could be this year we got two MVPs in their prime let the good times roll.

roslolian, D-rock and Plowman like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Daryl pulls this off and adds Love without losing anything in the rotation I’m going to be so happy.

Plowman likes this.
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really appreciate that. You know, interesting you should say this, because when I read your posts, they almost always mirror my thoughts too. We do seem to have a very similar perspective. That's pretty darn cool.I, actually, HAVE been called the eternal optimist by my friends.

And, yes, we've been blessed with an unbelievable amount of talent over the years compared to most franchises. The ability to go get it via trade/free agency, but also our tradition/history of big men....and being able to develop them. CD has done a masterful job. One can look back to the eighties, when only twice did a team come out of the West other than the Lakers. Alas, we had to face those great Celtics teams both times, and would have won the second time around were it not for Ralph's injury. While it was incredible when we finally broke through and won our back to back titles, I submit that some of those teams from the eighties were better.

We have a great franchise with a rich history, and are in the mix quite a bit. So much to feel good about.

I'll never understand the negativity that is so pervasive here. To some degree, I chalk it up to the whole "technological evolution equals societal devolution" thing. We live in times where instant gratification is the way of the day, and where many folks haven't endured/experienced the sweet and sour. Many have no frame of reference. Also, morals principles, ethics......good ole fashioned manners often aren't instilled or just fall by the wayside, and the accepted norm is pathetic...esp. on the internet.

We've seen our medieval burg morph into something else altogether.

Whoops..Not sounding very optimistic there, am I. To that end, I know there are plenty of good folks here, and out there.
    Life is good.

Anyway, I like our chances these days ....

Peace, my friend.

#123 Plowman, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Game7, D-rock and YaoMing#1 like this.
  4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The rockets are indeed playing poker, going ALL-IN by trading CP3 for Westbrook proves that... Its a huge gamble (worth the risk IMO) but for them to be playing chess, this can't be the only move.

Rockets need to use shumpert/expand the trade to get Iggy, Crowder or something similar to really contend for the title. Rockets cap situation is the same as before the trade, just under the tax line... one more move can be the difference.

#124 blahblehblah, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Plowman likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hey Plow, I really appreciate your takes.

That said, I think it is not negativity that permeates this board.

People love to argue, and more often than not counter arguments sound more negatively.

It is always going to be that way, argument, counter argument, argument, counter argument.

Luv, daywalker breh.

Plowman likes this.