1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets planning ways to support, honor Santa Fe victims and families

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, May 19, 2018.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

2. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

Rockets planning ways to support, honor Santa Fe victims and families
    By Jonathan Feigen, Houston Chronicle

Published 7:32 pm, Saturday, May 19, 2018

• [​IMG]
    Photo: Brett Coomer/Houston Chronicle
    Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta and the Rockets organization are discussing plans to support the victims and families of Friday's school shooting in Santa Fe at Thursday's home game and in the community.

Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta and the Rockets organization are discussing plans to support the victims and families of Friday's school shooting in Santa Fe at Thursday's home game and in the community.

Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta and the Rockets organization are discussing plans to support the victims and families of Friday's school shooting in Santa Fe at Thursday's home game and in the community, Rockets CEO Tad Brown said on Saturday.

"We're getting more information," Brown said. "Tilman is very engaged with it. He and I have been talking about (what can be done.) I'd call it a recognition of the importance of supporting all of our community. We're actively trying to figure out how we can best impact those people affected by it.

"It's amazing that these things seem to be more and more commonplace now. This hits close to home because it's right down the street. We're going to make sure we get all the appropriate information and deliver the appropriate tribute and support that we can."

Rockets guard Chris Paul called for action on Friday and said he was pleased to learn that there were students in Santa Fe that appreciated the message.

"It's about people in general," Paul said. "It's not about the location, it's about the human race, and me and my wife were talking about -- I have two kids of my own who I take to school ... and you hope they come back to you.

"Like I said, prayers go out to those families and everyone that was affected by it. This is becoming somewhat of the norm and shouldn't be.

"Hopefully our team and our organization, I'm sure we're going to try to do things to try to help those families that are affected to give them those bright spots in times like this."

DonKnock, D-rock, saleem and 3 others like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Cp3 needs to be the next president of the United States with Gerald Green as his VP. He's always doing something positive in the community.