1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Open Practice/Fan Fest for Food

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LSSLAMBAM, Oct 2, 2017.

1. LSSLAMBAM

LSSLAMBAM Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/fan-fest

Thankful that the autographs are being offered for a reasonable price this time around (and hopeful that the proceeds will in fact go to Target Hunger and Casa de Esperanza). Also glad they posted the detailed schedule at the bottom - that means only a 30 min open practice though so doubt there will be any kind of scrimmage.

2. LSSLAMBAM

LSSLAMBAM Member

FWIW - Cavs are having a scrimmage as we speak, and it's live on their website.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Has anyone been to one of these fan fests? Is it worth going?

I am not looking for some deep in depth look at the team, but it'll be a bonus. Some music, food, and carnival games would be fun. Will it so chock full of people that it'll be terrible?

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's a total waste of time. Most people that go from Clutchfans end up complaining every year after this event. I expect this year to be no different.

Dave2000 and jchu14 like this.
  5. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Fan Fest was fun last season. I won't be able to attend this one though.

6. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

FWIW, CP3 day was horribly executed and left a lot of fans outside that were waiting for over an hour well past the start time. I wouldn't imagine this to be any different.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It’s a clown show. It’s disorganized. I’ve experienced very few good open practices. Lately, it’s been bullshit.

hvic, tmactoyao, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I say every year I'm going knowingly it's going to suck, this year I won't be going cause it's during my nieces' birthday party, and that's a good thing.

If you're going to see how the team is going to look, don't bother, it's a glorified shoot around.

If you have kids to bring, it'll be a good experience for them to see them up close, that's about it.

9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

It used to be good a while back around the Tmac years when I used to go. Sucks to hear that it has gotten worse since then. Not sure if I will go. Mainly just wanna see my dude Isaiah Taylor and possibly CP3 in action

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I went when we had just acquired Ron Artest. It was fun

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

someone get me some beefy nachos

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Waste of time.

13. LSSLAMBAM

LSSLAMBAM Member

Bottom line - there are a lot of frustrating aspects to this event (i've experienced many first hand over the years). But, if you go in with the mindset of seeing the team for the first time for free, you may even be pleasantly surprised.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Half our job here is about complaining.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

And it's justified when it comes to these events. Les is cheap and you can really tell from the staffing.. waited a long ass time in the heat to get into the CP3 thing. I got in before he came out, but a lot of people didn't. At least, delay the event FFS.

cheke64 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pretty scary if they get Love going offensively, have Wade and Rose score over 16 ppg.

Before the scrimmage they went ahead and spelled Derrirck Rose, horrible spelling for a former MVP.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Les is gone now.

#17 daywalker02, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Hmm, seems to be a lot of complaints about the event. I was planning to take my 5 year old and to try and get Harden's autograph on a jersey for my collection. Do they have fun activities for kids or do you just see a shootaround? Also, the Harden autograph tickets are sold out and the site has a disclaimer that "All appearances subject to change". Is it possible to buy another group and just hop in the Harden line? Did they do a good job with the autograph sessions in the past?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Probably very frowned upon if they dont check but im assuming they do check.

They said not to buy tickets for more than one station because there wont be enough time to make it through multiple lines.

That leads me to believe that there wouldnt be enough time to make it through a huge harden line if the other ticket buyers for the other lines defected to the harden line.

Not fair to the harden ticket buyers. The harden line probably sold out for a reason.

All that being said, I would consider being the deuche who tries anyway if I was there :D

Icehouse likes this.
  20. LSSLAMBAM

LSSLAMBAM Member

They check - you can't hop in another line.

Icehouse and Daddy Long Legs like this.