1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Notes: Scola misses first NBA Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dingaaa, Oct 10, 2009.

1. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6661242.html

Scola kicks back

Rockets forward Luis Scola was given the night off, part of the Rockets' plan to monitor his workload after a busy summer with Argentina's national team.

In his third NBA season, Scola had never missed a regular-season or preseason game, and he could not remember the last game he missed.

“It's a good way to relax, save some energy and work harder tomorrow,” Scola said. “I usually play every summer like this summer. It's pretty much the same.”
    Ariza reflects

The Rockets' Trevor Ariza was back in the Amway Arena visitors' locker room for the first time since it was soaked in champagne as Ariza and the Lakers celebrated the title. But this game was nothing special.

“I feel the same as usual,” he said. “It's another game. We were playing for higher stakes the last time I was here, but I'll treat it the same.”
    Slow starters

For the second consecutive game, the Rockets fell behind early and then came back to take a third-quarter lead against the same group of starters that had been beating them early.

They trailed the Celtics by 13 in the first quarter and the Magic by 17, before rallying at the start of the second half.

“We just got off to a poor start,” coach Rick Adelman said. “We weren't ready to play at the start of the game. They jumped on us early. After that, we competed pretty good. I don't know why it happened tonight. We had the day off yesterday. They just came out with a lot more energy at the start of the game.”

:)

dingaaa :D

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Luis needs rest during the pre-season. He has been playing a lot of international basketball since he has been a Rocket. This is going to be his toughest year for sure.

3. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

Tough is what he does best mate. :)

dingaaa

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like Luis a lot. He will fight,it will be interesting to see what kind of an impact will he have this year. I expect 14,8-9 rebounds and his scrappy defense.What is more important than the numbers,will be the tone that he sets up for the rest of the team.

Nevertheless, not having Yao around is going to be a big challenge for him. I wish he didn't have to play a lot of international basketball,it could hurt him over an 82 game season.

5. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

I'm glad Rick rested him, he deserves it. The good quality I see in Scola is he seems to get better every season since he became a Rocket, and more than likely he'll get better this season. I give him great kudos for playing all 82 games plus the playoffs last season, he was the only one. I'm so glad Morey got him from the Spurs.

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Yeah Im glad the rockets gave Luis Scola the night off.....he deserves it :D

PS. hmmm...I wonder will Ariza get his ring by mail or something..... or does he have to go and pick it up!?!?!? :confused: :D

-rocketblaze

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I wonder why Yao and Ginobli's injuries are blamed on their participation in international tournaments when Scola and countless others play every summer. Tony Parker and Dirk play constantly and they're iron men.

8. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Parker broke a bone playing for the French NT in 06.

9. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

I think he gets it the first game the team plays against the lakers in LA...what I'm really wondering is how does Sun Yue get his ring? since he's not on any nba team

10. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

I love how these guys have a terrific work ethic much like Yao. This is the very reason why we overachieve when we're down and beaten by the critics and by our constant injury concerns.

What the stat sheets and bloggers doesn't see is the amount of hard sweaty work these fellas put in before and after games. It's not measurable by a stat line and as a result, year after year we continue to baffle the league with our extraordinary results despite our perceived lack of talent.

11. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

I guess he would get it via Fedex ground. :)

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Scola * No can break him.

He will breeeak you.

13. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

Damn, I wonder what shipping would be, the Pacific is a big b**** and she ain't losing any weight.

14. Dei

Dei Member

You know who was an iron man when he came into the league, too? Yao.

15. Landry92

Landry92 Member

actually the knicks signed him .. I think for a one year contract not too sure ..

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Dirk was held from playing for Germany this offseason. I think Cuban has denied him to play for the nat team other times as well; Cuban loves protecting his investment.