1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets New Alternate Uniforms

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rlivz, Sep 14, 2015.

1. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As <a href="https://twitter.com/QuakesFan84">@QuakesFan84</a> pointed out, the Rockets grey alt nods to the aesthetic of the Gemini Titan rockets from the '60s: <a href="http://t.co/09q1mg6F2f">pic.twitter.com/09q1mg6F2f</a></p>&mdash; Conrad Burry (@conradburry) <a href="https://twitter.com/conradburry/status/643893519736770560">September 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Who cares they are a nod to a real looking Rocket? If they had made a pink or purple Rocket at some point, would we have tried to copied that too? It's about the look, you can come up with a whole freaking story like with the dildo jerseys (the world war 2 bombs..) but the end result is the same: ugly looking jerseys..

3. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

[​IMG]

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think they could've incorporated this reference into the current white alternate jerseys, maybe in the same form of the side panel. The grey is such a drab color, and it looks like a Spurs alt jersey.

5. PJ86

PJ86 Member

We do not have white alternate jerseys, but I see your point. I seriously hope we have not seen our home alternates yet and they are indeed white.

6. PJ86

PJ86 Member

By the way, the Clutch City jersey will not be used this season so let's hope we win a championship this year. I actually do not see the point of them unveiling a jersey that will not even be worn. Guess they are trying to act like they care about the past and want to please the older generation and hardcore fans.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

They will probably look better with a human wearing them, but eh. Oh well, at least we are getting new uniforms.

I just really hate to see the current alternate jerseys go, they honestly might by my favorite Rockets jersey of all time.

8. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Re-read the article... the Clutch City one is replacing the current alternate. We're also going to be wearing the grey one this year.

There is one more alternate coming down the pipe for next season that I think is supposed to be revealed tonight and hasn't been leaked.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Yeah, I think very few people have complained about those alternates. They just nailed them: the R logo on the little patch, the normal shoulder cut, the incorporation of gold, the little with line as the finishing touch, the font, and Houston italicized, perfect! Only the numbers are off, but that is negligible. As you can see, I'm really pissed about the new ones, and that's partly because AGAIN Leslie gets rid of the one jersey that we like!!!

11. PJ86

PJ86 Member

No, this is the Pride jersey. There were will be two main alternates if you will, one home and one away. It looks like this grey one is the home one and the road one which will replace the current ones has not been revealed yet.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

13. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

Wouldn't be surprised to see a black and red one tonight. Hoping for sleeveless, too.

14. bmd

bmd Member

That's incorrect. From Clutch himself:

So the two new alternates this season are the "Clutch City" jersey and the gray "radically different" jersey.

And this makes sense considering both of those jerseys were in the 2015-16 Adidas catalog, but there was no third alternate there.

15. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

The pride jersey is replacing last years Ketchup and mustard Alts.

They're introducing two new alts. (1) is the grey one that you hate. (2) will be introduced tonight, but will be for the 2016-2017 season.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sorry, Atlanta beat Houston to the punch on those jerseys (red/yellow(neon)/black)

[​IMG]

17. PJ86

PJ86 Member

No I get it now, you guys are partly right: the grey one is one of the alternates and the clutch city one the other. However, the clutch city one is for 2016-17 and the Pride jersey is still yet to be revealed and will be worn this year.

18. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

No, clutch city is the pride jersey. I recall hearing that you have to call it a "pride jersey" if you plan on using something other than either the city or the team name.

So "Clutch City" means it has to be a pride jersey, which also means it has to be sleeved.

Also this: [​IMG]

19. bmd

bmd Member

Holy crap balls... NO! lol.

The "Clutch City" jersey IS the pride jersey, and it WILL be worn this year.

So will this gray uniform.

There is a third alternate that has yet to be leaked... and that one will be worn in 2016-17.

20. Sen89

Sen89 Member

So simple, so perfect.