1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets need to send a clear message in game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Apr 30, 2019.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

By clear message, I mean the Rockets need to reverse this narrative that all they do is complain/whine about officiating. My advice is this: Ignore the refs. I mean, really ignore them. Don't talk to them. Don't look in their direction when a foul is called against you. Just play the game. There is no upside to them showing any more agitation over officiating. If they are getting screwed by bad calls, let other people point it out. They will earn more respect that way from the officials, from the league, and from the audience watching at home.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

while I absolutely and totally agree with this 100%, I honestly don't see it happening at this point.

BigM, s3ts, napalm06 and 1 other person like this.
  3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Agreed. But lets send another message as well. They take away our landing spots, we'll take away theirs too. If Steph/Klay get their ankles jacked up... oh well.. it's a "legal" play right?

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I completely agree.

Although I don't think they will gain respect from the refs. The warriors point and laugh and scream at the refs and seem to have garnered their respect. I think it is irrelevant to how the refs officiate, unfortunately.

But you are right that they would gain more respect from the audience. I know a lot of the older former players, guys like Isiah Thomas, Pippen, etc etc hate to see the whining.

I think it's the right mentality to have. Make the complaints after the game, but during the game show that you are locked in on every possession.

Also, CP3 was right, our complaining cost us 3 points in a 4 point game...and really an extra 2 points because while CP3 was complaining he let Durant go right past him for a dunk.

The refs already cost us about 15 points, we all know that, so let's not cost us any more points by complaining about it.

kjayp, luckyman76, BeBreezy and 3 others like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

100% agree with this. If MDA wants to make comments on the sideline, fine. But the PLAYERS should only play. No comments.

Rockets need to play with force, urgency and rebound the ball. Attack the basket. If they get hammered and no calls, just keep playing.

waytookrzy079 and seemoreroyals like this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Exactly. Police the game on the floor. Stop whining to the refs. If someone gets injured the refs will step in. With Curry's ankle history it may work out for Houston. But stop all the damn whining

glynch, kjayp and snowconeman22 like this.
  7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I agree. But hard to do when you are competing and you are seeing one of the very few chances you have at winning it all slip away and you can't do anything about it. It is bad enough to lose to the Golden State WippyWops. But to not have a fair chance. That may be more than players can deal with when it comes to just looking the other way.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Unfortunately, I think this is just who we are at this point. I hope they prove me wrong tonight.

Regardless, a win in Oakland sends a clear message of a different kind.

luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. gotsis

gotsis Member

Agree. Hope it doesn't become a distraction. We already made our point and everyone will be watching this closely. Focus on the game and getting the win, don't let the refs become the focal point of the teams energy. If that happens, we will lose again.

BigM likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Tilman you hire the goons.

Me, I'll look the other way.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Even if they do that it won't make a difference. You want them to keep their chin up while they get screwed and have the high ground. The Rockets know that doesn't gain them anything.

thekad and luckyman76 like this.
  12. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Easy for you guys to sit here and say that.

luckyman76 and Rocket River like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Do you really expect Eric Gordon to stop whining ?
    Its in his bones now...watch him whine even if he gets the call because hes just addicted to it...

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL No.

They should berate the officials like Draymond Green does (and gets away with).

Don't need to worry about earning respect or pleasing the blowhards on ESPN/in the media or any other fan base.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean, what respect is there to earn any way? Oh the fans and the media will respect you for grinning and bearing it but you'll still lose. Bless your heart.

luckyman76 and BigMaloe like this.
  16. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I am very interested in seeing exactly what our approach with the refs will be this game.

I say ignore them too but I feel there is abt a 0% chance of that actually happening.

17. Fantasma Negro

What a dream that would be

18. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Agreed. The Rockets complained to the refs because the Warriors were doing dangerous things. If the refs won't protect the Rockets, it's time to fight fire with fire.

luckyman76 and waytookrzy079 like this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Easier said than done especially during an intense competition. Having said that, I hope our guys can find the strength.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This.

**** em.