1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Moving Forward!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets06, Oct 30, 2012.

1. rockets06

rockets06 Member

If we were to trade for anyone, I'd wish for LaMarcus Aldridge, but for now I'm focused on what we have right now, cause regardless is all about the team moving forward.

- With management: Does this trade mean Morey's here to stay long-term? Does Coach McHale essentially have the 2 yrs remaining to turn this team around or does someone else in the organization take over? My answers are yes to Morey and yes with McHale's 2 yrs. Let assistant coach J.B. Bickerstaff take the head job or maybe assistant coach Chris Finch.

- Asik just needs to continue to show how good of a defensive player he can be & slowly develop an offensive game & though their contracts are totally different Smith & Aldrich have to fight for the main backup C position.

- Motiejunas, Jones, & White have to step up quick cause Houston can't keep them all 3 PF's after 3 yrs of their rookie contracts & Patterson had better continue to improve cause he has alot of young PF's gunning for his job.

- Morris has to show he belongs in the NBA cause he's essentially battling Parsons who has a huge advantage as of now.

- Delfino though has a team option for next season he has to show that he can be a quality backup SG off the bench, so that Cook doesn't take over.

- Machado has to prove he can be a quality backup this yr to have his spot set in stone to make Douglas expendable & so Houston won't bring in a vet PG next yr.

- Finally Lin & Harden need to step up & show the world that they can flourish away from NY & OKC as leaders of the Houston Rockets & that their worth the money.

After the trade we have no picks in the 2013 draft if we make the playoffs, which I'm hoping we do to fulfill our obligation (get some playoff experience with this young team) with both picks going to ATL(1st lottery protected & 2nd top 40 protected). Even if they don't I'm fine as long as the team shows much improvement.

Baring any trades throughout the season I'm hoping the depth chart looks like this at seasons end!

Lin, Machado, Douglas
    Harden, Delfino, Cook
    Parsons, Jones, White, Morris
    Motiejunas, Patterson
    Asik, Smith, Aldrich

Also seeing that Budinger got us a #18 pick if we do make the playoffs, who would we trade for a draft pick? I was thinking it would probably be between Jones, White, Morris, Patterson depending on who we'd like to keep long term. Alot of questions still to be answered but regardless I'm so excited for the season to get underway.:grin: