1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' Mike D'Antoni says season can be cherished even without a championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 11, 2018.

?

Do you agree with MDA?

1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    63.2%
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...on-diminished-team-fails-win-nba-championship

Do you agree? I agree with him. No matter what happens this was a good season.

Fyreball, Deuce, deb4rockets and 5 others like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Warriors look like absolute garbage right now so the number 1 priority is a title.

DonKnock, Elephant810 and RyanB like this.
  3. Mr. Space City

the rest of the world will look at it as a failure seeing how the majority wants to see the rockets lose so they can pull out their james soften memes.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

It’s not that black and white and it depends who you are asking. For the fans it should not take away anything, for the role players neither, but it definitely matters how we lose in the playoffs and how CP3 and Harden play for me and themselves to consider this a great season to be cherished.

5. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

When you have championship calibre squad, you got to complete the loop and win.

Opportunities are far and few in between. None of this "It's on me," or #pursuit mantra.

Be all business, just like Dream. He said, "We go from here."

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Spoken like a man that has never won a ring.

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

This has been the most enjoyable Rockets season I've personally witnessed.

Barring any catastrophic playoff meltdown, I'll remember this season fondly.

DonKnock, wesbound, jimmyv281 and 2 others like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, I would've never expected 65 wins this year.

Gimme some more.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i couldnt care less if playoffs meltdown happens this was the best season ever and it shows in my life, now i am even able to attract the girls because i radiate welbeing now

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

last year was enjoyable too

Invisible Fan and hakeem94 like this.
  11. OTMax

OTMax Member

It’s been a great season for sure, but for me, nothing can beat that 08-09 year so far. This is very close though. I like being the underdog and that year we had a great chance, only injuries slowed us down and Tracy’s quitting.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes and No.....but trending toward No.

MDA is surely not the best PR guy. He has not been to many Finals or at all.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cherish the regular season separately from the Playoffs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I can take any results as long as our players gave their best efforts on the court night in and night out.

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

What's the point of showing off and dominating teams in the Reg season if that doesn't translate to winning in the playoffs, assuming that we came up short, don't get me wrong this was probably the best rockets season I've ever witnessed and I enjoyed every minute of it but I think we sat the bar high to ourselves with the way we have dominated the entire league throughout the year, for me playoffs > reg season and finals MVP > Reg season MVP.

saleem likes this.
  16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah, I value a good effort in the playoffs and good result of an overachieving team (2009 after Yao went down) over a great regular season with a Semis / WCF loss to a team we should’ve dominated or just choke against. However, nothing can take away for me that this team with all the individuals involved is my favourite Rockets team of all time, right there with the 93-94 and 07-09 ones.

hakeem94 and ryano2009 like this.
  17. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Championship or bust

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Those.

Not surprised a 'regular season stat padder' would say that. ;)

Hey, we didn't win it all but we won 65/66 games! Not all is lost.

kjayp likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

All the other old school rocket coaches were stat padders too then, jvg, adelman, mcfail... We lost the chance to pick Brandon Roy to a meaningless win we were supposed to lose. Adelman didn't give a crap about player development. Mcfail limped extra harder when he heard whispers about rest. We're just lucky harden is a tank.

I wish mda's in game adjustments were better, his timeouts had better drawn up plays and were more frequent during runs and a host of other things.

Most coaches don't rest players unless they've won a lot with the same group like poop or Jackson to the point where he knows if they'll be ready for playoffs.

saleem and vlaurelio like this.
  20. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

This team isn't the most talented in the league. This team wins because they overachieve, they play every game hard to earn wins their wins. Last year was apparent where no one expected us to be in the playoffs much less how high we got.

We should celebrate this. This is hard work and team work and playing off each other making players better than they are individually.

And unlike Hakeem, there isn't another gear here for the playoffs (maybe CP3 then, but I doubt it now).

Kind of reminds me of the David Robinson-led Spurs. A one trick Stallion with a crew that could win the regular season games, but in the playoffs, they just get beaten by better teams with better players.

hakeem94 and vlaurelio like this.