1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets match up good against the Lakers???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TMac4Life#1, Apr 9, 2009.

1. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

IMHO I think they do. I don't know if this deserves a thread or if it gets locked but it would be something good to talk about. I understand the Lakers swept us during the season but now with Andrew Bynum coming back I think that is great for us and bad for them. Why?? Yao doesn't have to guard Pau Gasol and the line-ups favor us with the lakers playing big.

Yao../...Bynum
    Scola../..Gasol
    Artest../..Ariza
    Battier.../...Kobe
    Brooks.../...Fisher

With is being the playoffs I understand the rotations shorten up and the only problem I really think the Rockets will have is that Odom will be the 6th man. Landry or Hayes could probably match up against him and contain him. I'm not sure if we will match up against them or meet them at any point but if we happen to see them I believe we can have success against them.

2. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

Avoid them until the West finals and then we can find out

My biggest concern is in a close game at the end, they have their guy. Us i'm not so sure

3. jonjon

jonjon Contributing Member

The Lakers have a lot of length in their line up... No one in the league matches up with that.

4. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

On paper yes, but you forgot about Kobe. He can take over a game and destroy us.

5. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

I actually like our chances more with Bynum, since it gives Yao that true center matchup, but otherwise -- Nope! Let's just hope that we get a chance to play them.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

how many games have we won against the lakers?

7. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Zero....point.....zero..

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

They're not a particularly bad match-up like Utah is, nor are they a particularly good one like Portland is, but they can execute... man, can they ever execute. They also have an executioner in Kobe.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the rockets do matchup well on paper with the lakers even without mcgrady

but there is no way i think we can beat the lakers in a 7 games series without homecourt

10. apxn82

apxn82 Member

quit dreaming man...they got KOBE for the 4th period. Everybody know that. They also got something else. They got Ron Artest to piss Kobe off so he can take over game.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

All I know is that hand in the face defensive tactic doesn't work on Kobe anymore. You basically have to force him to pass with a hard double team.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Good line of thinking for going against the Lakers. Except the Lakers 2 times WITH Bynum against the Rockets are still 2-0 in those games. Which includes a 30 point butt whooping they handed the Rockets in the first game.

I'm not as optimistic, but I guess you can say McGrady played that first game and he was the cause for being so bad

13. tsunami

tsunami Member

were you drunken? we never match up well against them ?

14. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Rockets match up WELL against the Lakers, If you'r gonna start crazy threads, at least make them grammatically correct crazy threads. But seriously, your crazy.

15. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Uh... How 'bout NO? They haven't had Bynum, and rule over us at 4-0. I get the optimism, but in reality, we're probably not going to beat the Jazz, not to say the Lakers. Remember the 22 win streak season? People thought we could beat the j*zz. Uh... What happened?

16. kwng

kwng Member

Well, we were matching them for three quarters in all our games this season (except the first one where we were slaughtered) but we fizzled out the fourth. The current lakers can upped their game when it matters especially Kobe. Unless we can do that as well, we have little chance against them in the playoffs.

17. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

With a healthy TMac we are close, but no where near without him. 4 - 0 against them this year, and the games weren't really even close IMO.

18. rocketman101

rocketman101 Member

tmac never had the surgery and has been "under wraps as a secret weapon" by the rockets until playoffs to beat the lakers..

j/k

19. blink

blink Contributing Member

heres whats been happening vs the lakers this year

quarters 1-3 = rockets keep up with lakers, maybe even lead by like 5pts

quarter 4 = kobe takes over and we lose by 10

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think we have a chance against the lakers. we usually keep the close till the end when Kobe kills us. if we can slow down Kobe we have a chance. If celtics could do it I don't see why artest and battier can't slow down 24.