1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets match Dmo offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 5, 2016.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Not sure I understand this. If he's back to a restricted free agent, and we match again, then what?

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ha. The Rockets are doing what they should.
    DMo might be doing what he should... who knows.
    But Rockets shouldn't be looked at negatively in this.

What are their options? Return to RFA status? Accept the contract regardless and then not pay him till he shows up? Let him go to Brooklyn (or work out a trade...not sure that's possible with DMo himself, but a side trade of sorts?).

Mazulis likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

All this hassle over some marginal role player.

Just give him to the Nets.

FTW Rockets FTW and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is a dangerous game. Shouldn't be allowed to refuse physical and revert to rfa to try again for a sheet the rockets won't match. To me he should basically be forced to sit out the season until he reports for physical

Vivi, vince, Nivos and 1 other person like this.
  5. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Does BJ Headstrong really think avoiding a physical could lead to a better deal with other teams?

There must be something missing. I'm dumbfounded.

vince likes this.
  6. vince

vince Member

DMo probably believes he is worth 15-18 million a year. So for a 4 year deal he wanted anywhere between 60-72 million; and I'm thinking he might have already expected the 72 million dollars. If not for the scary surgery on his vertebrate, he'd of gotten that money.

I think he blames Morey for lowballing him, which is within the rules.

So he goes from 72 to 36 million. And no guratees he gets it all. He'd of been better off accepting the one year deal

ElPigto likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

And what do you know didn't even join team yet, and is already starting drama. Why can't some players just honor their contact and play to the best of their ability. In fact, I seem to recall D-mo saying regardless of which team he will sign with, he will try his best, all talk. Which player didn't show up to physicals today? D-mo. I felt bad that he didn't get any good offer, but got to stop testing Morey's patience. D-mo better be good for whichever team, he signs with because after this fiasco and he does poorly might be out of NBA like his good old pal Kostas Papanikolaou.

Mazulis likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Didn't show up for his physical? WTF??

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

well if this is his way of pouting like a baby we need to keep him in RFA purgatory instead of caving.

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I'm not understanding why the Rockets need to do
    So what? How may of us are all that excited about our jobs, which DON'T pay us millions of dollars per year, but we go anyway. Maybe having that paycheck cease will get him a bit more excited. And if not paying someone who refuses to show up for work somehow violates the CBA, the CBA is hugely flawed. There should be no reason to pay someone who doesn't show up.

Suck it up, buttercup.

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Man what a terrible bump of a thread. Thought this just happened... LOL