1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets made last minute attempt to acquire Amare

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivenovember, Feb 18, 2010.

1. SJRocket

SJRocket Member

Looks like the other thread didn't have the trade details.

Also, ya now I remember why I haven't posted here in 8 years...
    I'll be stuck with 4 posts with 3 of them in this thread since you count so well, but at least 1 of my posts was useful info.

2. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

physicals? that was it?! OMG hes healthy hes been healthy, he wears goggles to restrain his crazy **** eye that pops out of its' socket for god's sake. Although we may have lost ( drum roll) BRIAN COOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hmmmm...Cook for STAT, wow Phoenix how dare you insult me for turning over this deal you just lost huge asset in BRIAN COOK! You really would've had the better deal too!

3. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

That is disappointing if the physical was the only reason it didnt go through :(

4. faraza84

faraza84 Member

damn they should have skipped the physical from ourside, morey wanted the physical for amar'e but honestly worst came to worst and he wasnt 100% we could always sign and trade him in the offseason. dissapointed but atleast we made a good deal with ny and kings

5. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

WHAT?!

Didnt he JUST play in tha all star game?!

Why would we care about a stupid PHYSICAL?

Not a game, a PHYSICAL!

I mean, were not talkin bout a GAME here, were talkin bout a PHYSICAL!

A PHYSICAL!!!

NOT A GAME, A PHYSICAL!!!!!!

Also, holy lurker! :eek:

6. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Agree :(

7. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Not to worry, Morey will get him in the offseason if he cannot get Bosh.

8. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

1) Brooks
    2) Martin
    3) Ariza
    4) Stoudamire
    5) Yao

:eek:

Thats a freakin championship team right there.*

* Barring probable season ending injuries

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I so called the exact deal. Battier, Scola, Cook, picks. Man, I wish that had gone through.

10. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Goo for you.

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

For all those who think Morey should have skipped the Physicals, I wonder why Kerr pushed for them to be skipped so much not saying he was trying to be sneaky sneaky but Morey will not be fooled and I won't be surprised to hear something pops up for Amar'e later in the year.

12. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Hey, your man crush on Mike Miller, hes that guy who shoots 3's like a robot with a laser guided system right? Leads the league in 3 percentage?

13. bloop

bloop Member

Amare could have simply left the team after this season, that alone makes it a ****ty trade.

You're gutting your team for a couple month rental. If Morey could have locked up Amare for the next 2 years it's something to think about.

But Amare is going to get run on by the Knicks, Miami, Mavs, maybe even Cleveland this post season.

NO guarantees he'd even stick around. It's not about the physical

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I was rooting for a 3 way deal with Washington making it possible for the "LASER" to be on the squad but oh well in the offseason he could be a target although with Martin on board it doesn't look good.

15. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

SO we trade our starting healthy pf for a pf that is has two bad knees and a messed up eye without checking him? First off, we can't resign him anyway as we won't have the money he wants so he leaves with no Landry as a back up plan and we give the job to an unproven rookie or Jordan Hill. If he goes down this year, we are forced to go with Hill and whatever the bench guys can provide. Way to go Morey, another good job.

16. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

LOL the Lock Monster strikes again, 4th post in 8 years. Im glad when you finally do post, its something deep and meaningful. highly thought provoking.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

edit: gifbin sucks

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Could it be Amar'es eye?

There had to be a reason they were trying to get us to waive the physical.

That woulda definitely pu the icing on the cake tho.

19. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

I'm glad DM didn't pull the triger. I'd rather do Scola+Battier+Cook for Boozer and keep those picks. or just wait 'till summer or next trade deadline to persue Bosh/Jefferson likes... personally, I prefer a Jefferson/Yao twin tower- unstoppable. Jefferson will cost less money and less assets than Bosh and provide much needed toughness/defense than Bosh while still a 20pt scorer to add to Yao/K-Mart fire power.

20. van chief

van chief Member

We have a winner!!!