1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets looking to sell high on "Impactful Veteran Help" to Kings for higher pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 20, 2011.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. redao

redao Member

hopefully we can return Martin to them.

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Scola would fit nicely next to Cousins. I would be sad to see him go, but let's see who is available by the 7th pick.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Luis Scola. They obviously want nothing to do with Martin, and Scola is the only other impact veteran we have.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not that I want to get rid of Scola, but if the Rox organization wants to give the young guys playing time....

Is Scola worth more than the #7? Or would the salary savings help equal out everything?

Would they even want Scola? Or need?

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Lowry too, though I doubt we'd move him without receiving a significant upgrade at his position.

7. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I hope it's not Kyle Lowry, but he did have a breakout end to the season, and he has been in the league for 5 years now. The Kings may have realized the Tyreke is a 2 guard and probably want a true point next to him. I wouldn't trade Kyle for the 7th pick, but that's just me.

1 person likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well they did interview Kemba already.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

it would be a horrible trade to trade Lowry for a #7th pick unless they are giving the Rockets more than just the pick.

I honestly see Billups potential in Lowry. This is supposed to be a weak draft so the guy we get at 7 may not be any good...but trading Scola gives Ppat more time and we can draft a euro big which could be hit or miss.

10. sefril

sefril Member

aaaah, our DLeague affiliation club again,,

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Luis for the 7th pick. Martin and 14th for the 4th pick.

Take Vesley with the 7th and Kanter with the 4th.

Let Hayes go in free agency.(sad face)

Tank the hell out of the shortened season that no one will even remember.(no way this will happen if we keep both Lowry and Hayes)

2012-

Lowry/Dragic
    Lee/Llull
    Vesley/Bud
    Patterson/
    Kanter/Thabeet

PLUS a high pick to draft a franchise player to build around.

Somebody wanted a plan? OKC v2.0.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I really hope it's Scola and not Lowry.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yes but the real question is does anyone think the Bulls would give us #28 for Lowry?

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's not a knock on the front office as I'm OK with what they've done, but I feel a bit like a villager listening to the boy who cried wolf. "Houston interested in moving up" -- no kidding. They're interested in Dwight Howard, LeBron James and Kevin Durant also. I mean, they have that interest every year... but can they really make a deal?

Maybe with this being a "weaker" draft they can do it, but I don't think I can get my hopes up this year. I really like what I see from Kanter though.

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

There is a chance that it might be Lowry .... which would make sense with the reports about the Rockets being "very" interested in Uconn PG Kemba Walker.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ok, ok you got me with that already.:rolleyes: That was a long day and i was half sleep. Plus, it was Lee.

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

You've seen the mythical beast with your own eyes? Do tell.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Lowry for the 7th? In a weak draft? I don't think the Rockets would do that, not unless they had their eyes on another point guard.

1 person likes this.
  19. VictorB

VictorB Member

I don't see this draft as being deep enough to get an impact player at 7. To me, that is a wasted trade. Giving up a proven Scola or Lowry for an unknown #7 is not worth it, IMO.

2 people like this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

Just busting your chops for calling my face stupid. For your information it is a portraiture of Pythagoras beauty.