1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets lone draft pick #34 2013 NBA draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Progs

Progs Member

Possible players that might be available...

Allen Crabbe
    Ricardo Ledo
    Adrien Payne
    Erick Green
    Archie Goodwin

Are a few names that might still be available for the Rocketsto draft... Man how thin is the draft ??? :eek:

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You know someone only rads nbadraft.net when he has Goodwin as a possible #33 pick. :p

Goodwin is listed from 15-20 in nearly all mock drafts.

3. Nook

Nook Member

If Payne comes out I think he goes in round 1. He has a skill set and physical nature that translates well to the NBA.

The top of the draft is weak but the late 1st and 2nd round is fine.

If the Rockets want more picks they will get them.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Further I think the Rockets want Craft from Ohio State.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How about Reggie Bullock? He seems like a good backup to Harden. He's either 6'5" or 6'7" depending on what your source is (but no one - NO ONE - says he's 6'6"). He plays good man-to-man D and is a good spot up shooter. I think he might have been overlooked due to the talent on UNC, similar to Terrence Jones and Kentucky.

He made 2.5 threes per game and shot 43.6% from beyond the arc (and 48.3% overall). That is legit.

His shooting percentage increased each year: from .367 to .428 to .486, and this is of course with his attempts and minutes increasing as well.

I've only seen a few games of him playing, but from that and what I've read he seems like he could be a decent backup.

6. lionaire

lionaire Member

Doug McDermott
    Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
    Isiah Canaan
    Seth Curry
    Siva
    Ryan Kelly

Likely the first 2 will be gone by then but I'd be happy with any of the other guys.

7. cookies18

cookies18 Member

Guys! We still need a legitimate backup center. We are still tiny compared to other teams. Our second tallest player is at 6' 10'', Greg smith and t-rob. We neeed another big man who is 7ft tall.

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I think Kabongo is going to be a lot better than his play at Texas demonstrated. We don't need another point guard, but he has a bright future and an NBA skill and talent set.By the time he is ready to be a contributor we may need him, and his ceiling is very high in my opinion. His floor is also really low, but that is what the 2nd round is all about.

9. jvu

jvu Member

Add glen rice Jr, Archie Goodwin (might fall), Doug McDermott (might fall), and Kyle Anderson.. Now that's a quality 2nd round list.

10. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Glen Rice Jr, Erick Green or Mike Muscala.

11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

DraftXpress has us taking CJ Leslie.

Thoughts on him?

I'd like to see us either get a scoring guard or a bigman. NOT another tweener, though Morey seems to have a method behind the madness :grin:

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I think they should draft a project like Lebryan Nash with that pick.

13. jbasket

jbasket Member

Ummmm.... Dmo and Tim?
    And t-rob is 6'9 at best. Both CP and TJones are taller than him at 6'10. We actually are not that tiny anyways, our starting lineup is actually much taller and larger than the NBA average.

14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Phil Pressey
    Mytch Kambongo
    LeBryan Nash

I like Phil Pressey in a up tempo and heavy pick and roll offense like Houston. Phil has great court vision and knows how to run a team. Only thing holding him back is his height at 5'11. He also will have to cut down on his turnovers, his TO we're very high this year because he was the only PG on his team. With AB most likely gone this year, he wouldn't be a bad choice assuming Morey dangles Beverly for another draft pick.

Mytch is also a play making PG who really got cheated at Texas, only a Sophmore he has a ton of potential. He's an elite passer.

Nash has a lot of work of developing to do still but a guy with his type of energy off the Bench could be a nice idea.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Morey usually finds gold in this area of the draft.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

CJ Leslie is an erratic player. I don't think he has NBA level SF skills, but could develop into a stretch four if he becomes less mechanical in his shot. Excellent on the break. To compare him to Marcus Morris, he has less skill, but more athleticism and better length. Post up game is nonexistent. Needs more strength to play 4.

17. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

Kobango, Seth Curry, Reggie Bullock, and Nate Wolters would be my targets. Positional need isn't that important in the second round IMO, just getting guys that can grow into contributors. Kabongo is my favorite, he is the second best Pg in the draft, he just had the misfortune of playing for Rick Barnes. He probably won't make it to the second round.

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

I think we should either draft a guy to stash in Europe or an NBA-ready, low risk guy. We already have our projects with Motiejuanas and Robinson, and Royce (if he ever shows up).

19. Rocket Booster

Bojan Dubljevic would be a very good pick there, if he is still available at that point.

20. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Let's go Erick Green on this one. Love this guy's style. He's tall and lanky and is a great scorer. Decent passer. Good backup to Harden, and could even play PG in some situations.
    If we grab him then sign Josh Smith and a backup center for Asik, then we're good to go.

Lin/Beverley
    Harden/Green
    Parsons/Delfino
    Smith/Smith (hehe)
    Asik/???

That's one good, deep team.