1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets let go of Irv Roland.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, May 24, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Same here haha. I think he would have been much better on offense than Capela, but I donno, I have seen him so many times and just be so bad on defense. If we were getting blown out, I would concede but I just dont see how Faried would have stopped them from scoring. Like our offense was fine in this series(despite being somewhat stagnant in some 4th quarters.

I will put it this way. Despite how bad Capela did on Curry, I know Faried would have done that much worse. And its not like I dont agree with you on the rebounding, I absolutely do, you are right. But i just dont think he was the asmwer.

kjayp likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

Isn’t Brett Gunning the former Vipers coach who was allegedly the guy Morey wanted on Adelman’s staff to be groomed?

In any case, odd to let go of a guy who worked with our core 3. Definitely not liking how this looks with the offense coaches still there.

Rather we just clean the whole house at this point. Morey not necessarily on board with MDA surprises me with the perfect puppet like coach for his analytics.

I remember the reports now that he wanted a defense first coach in JVG and Silas or MDA with Hollins. Still, I cannot see all of this as the owner’s doing and direction chosen.

Morey has a hand all of this and if this is really not a situation Morey likes, he should have gotten out.

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

yeah seems like first year Feritta meshed in. Now he is doing power moves left and right

BigShasta likes this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, the guy they wanted on Adelman's staff was Chris Finch.

BigMaloe, Vivi, saleem and 2 others like this.
  5. MystikArkitect

The guy who got TMacs Heinekens wrong must be sweating bricks.

BigShasta likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you forget energy...FARIED BRINGS ENERGY

CAPELA BROUGHT LOSER ENERGY to the entire series

sammy, HP3, saleem and 2 others like this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

Ah yeah, Gunning has been around as an assistant since 11-12 on and off. Thanks for the clarification.

8. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

is there any confirmation Morey "not on board with MDA" or is this typical-for-Houston BS started by the GM to blame others for his own failings? Morey spends more time working the extended media and staring in his pocket mirror than he does managing the Rockets, that's for sure.

9. justtxyank

Supporting Member

D'Antoni loves Gunning.

10. justtxyank

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

topfive, sammy, alethios and 4 others like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

????

Rox have always been one of the most active teams in the league this is like one of the most ignorant posts I've read today.

Good or bad Morey at least tries to do something to shake up the team every year he has been here. The one not doing enough work is Dumbtoni, who just watched the entire team implode in game 6.

topfive and jcf like this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

The guy is a troll. He does this in the Dish too.

topfive, jcf and Vivi like this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't care about any of these assistants. Assistant coaches come and go all the time. I think it could be a good thing that the players get to hear some new voices.

topfive likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance
    Supporting Member

Les was right to do it. That portion of the season was the worst chemistry I had ever seen on a Rockets team. Further, it was BEYOND OBVIOUS that the players had totally tuned out McHale. His voice didn't connect anymore. The most important thing is the HC connecting to the star. There was no connection from McHale to Harden. McHale was really brought on board to connect with Dwight Howard from where I sit.

As for right now, MDA and Harden have a strong connection and that shouldn't be understated.

Nook likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

I agree on all points. At the end of the day McHale was brought on for leadership and chemistry. He provided neither and McHale was just lucky to get paid not to work.

Yes MDA has done exceptionally well handling and building chemistry with a group of guys that are not always easy to get along with. Also, everyone can flame me if they want but he has fixed the Rockets offense. The Rockets offense has been the best or second best under MDA. My issues with him used to be that he was overly ambitious and was a back stabber. That seems to have gone away with age... at this point my issue with him is that he isn’t super detail oriented like Popovich or Carlisle or Bud or others.

On a side note, if MDA is going to get flamed for not beating the Warriors the last two years; then Bud deserves criticism if the Bucks cannot get past the Raptors.

Vivi and Deuce like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Contributing Member

It's the only way he can always look so beautiful.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance
    Supporting Member

Would be interesting to hear things from @Codman's perspective on the Irv Roland situation.

Stormy1234 and Nook like this.