1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets Legend Josh Smith pursuing comeback

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Sep 27, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Women's friend.

2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

46 secs into this and I'm like "NO!" We have a really incredible and deep team, don't need no JS.

Vivi likes this.
  3. hakeemthagreat

Yep. Sure did. After watching James quit in a elimination game, I'm still not fully sold on playoff Harden. I stand by that 100%

napalm06 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun expect him to quit again but he may get gassed even with Chris Paul alongside him.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

only a fool would trade Harden for Lillard

napalm06 likes this.
  6. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

Lmao this too damn funny with Brick House song

Mazulis likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You are confusing him with Peter North.

8. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

9. hakeemthagreat

Again, pure stupidity. I'm 100% sure you haven't seen Smooth play one game recently. As a boxscore statchaser, I wouldnt expect you to. See video below:

Now obviously this is only one game. But notice he's playing center against a much bigger, taller & Rudy Gobert. Even though Gobert has the size advantage, Smith's quickness enables him to get his jumphook off over Gobert. Let's just focus on the 1st 2 plays. The 1st move is a jumphook off pick & roll. The 2nd score is a quick move to the lane & for another jumphook over Gobert. The point is he still has the quickness & skillset to finish around the rim over bigger players. For a guy YOU claim is no good, he's not supposed to be doing that on Rudy Gobert. To put this in perspective, a "no good" Josh Smith recently scored a easy 18pts against one of the better centers in the NBA. Tariq Black's whole CAREER HIGH'S 18pts from 2 years ago. I compare him to Black because he you're telling me Black is a better player at this point which is pure hogwash lol. Smooth is FAR from washed up as we ALL see

10. hakeemthagreat

Only a fool would quit on his team in front of his home crowd. Did you watch game 6 or just check the boxscores afterwards?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

you're such a moron, u don't know ball and need to stop pretending that u do

I mentioned Tucker, Moute, and Nene before Black, but u won't mention them because you'd be a dumbass to say that Smoove deserves minutes over them, so u focus on Black because that's the only hope u have of making some stupid argument

u think Josh Smith is good because of some highlights lol, there's no reason for me to continue having this pointless discussion

"easy 18 points"...lmao, dude went 7-21 from the field...

think before u post

YOLO likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

u would trade Harden for Lillard, therefore you should stop talking ball because u don't know much about it

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

What's really hilarious is he seems to really believe what he's saying. Easy 18 lol that's great.

Nvm the fact that he jacked up 21 shots in almost as many minutes. 9 of them being 3s. For being such a great shooter :rolleyes:Nvm the fact he had 5 tos off a whopping single assist. Lets also pick up 4 fouls in half a game.

Out of a possible 55 pts he jacked up he ended up with an #easy18 LOL

Reeko likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

dude literally brought up some highlights of Smith scoring 18 points on 21 shots as proof that he's actually not a bad player...

his arguments are just getting embarrassing at this point

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

You saw game 6 assuming you actually watch basketball. Harden quit. I stated i'd take a lesser talented Lillard over James who may choose to lay down at any point in the postseason. I also said WB deserved the MVP after watching that. I stand by that too

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

u become a bigger idiot with every post...u should be last one accusing people of not watching games

your Josh Smith arguments are embarrassing, and the fact that u would trade Harden for Lillard is too stupid for words

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I will always appreciate JSmoove's contributions as a Rocket... but that said... the dude refused to play to his strengths on a consistent basis... Instead he opted to jack up 3s and do what he wanted to do - instead of doing what he could that would most help the team...

That is why some guys start to slide and have to go to China or wherever to keep playing.. whereas some guys skills diminish and teams still find a lesser role for them and keep them around...

If you wanna be a hotdog - great... but realize once your skills are on the decline you will be gone... Be a hardworking team guy and you will lengthen your NBA career even after you start to decline...

YOLO and ilovehtownbb like this.
  18. hakeemthagreat

The only thing that's embarrassing is you're inability to articulate any of the stupidity you post. Yes we know you think Josh Smith isn't any good, but what does that mean? You think he can't contribute as a player in the NBA at ALL? Um ok lol. The guy's still mobile, he's still relatively athletic, he can still defend/block shots & also finish around the rim over bigger defenders (as shown in the video I posted). So if your argument is Josh Smith isn't even good enough to play in the league, your IQ as basketball fan becomes questionable. His skillset now is already better than Tariq Black AND Zhou Qi's lol.
    I now have to question ur IQ too as a basketball fan. I post a video pinpointing 2 specific plays to watch for. The 1st thing you do is run to the boxscore lol. You guys are literally boxscore chasers. I'm not judging Josh Smith off his 3pt%. I'm judging him off if he can still get up & down the court, defend the pick&roll, blockshots from the weakside & score around the rim etc..Basically do all the intangibles. We won't need Josh Smith to score 20pts for us. We would bring him in to fill minutes for Nene if he ever goes down. It would also give us more versatility defensively since Smith has the length to guard all 5 positions. Also can't forget the chemistry aspect. He's been playing with our guys all offseason and is familiar with our organization. These are the things you don't see staring at boxscore numbers

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

question my iq ok. i already knew the level of your iq from your post history. i just laugh pretty much at most of your posts bc they're so far off the charts. these JS ones though are just great. literally the only one that fits these delusional glasses.

you want to defend yourself on how you're judging JS. you must have higher qualifications than any professional personal associated with the league then. send them your resume and scouting report. you're seeing something apparently hundreds associated with the nba aren't. we're impressed. #notreally
    my how sorry your team would be if you ever had the chance to build one. thank goodness you dont.

20. hakeemthagreat

We're 2 different types of fans. I'm a more X's & O's, strategy driven fan who like to watch the details of each player, coach & team. You're a boxscore stat fanatic.You wake up and look at the boxscore of each game and get excited for the day. Team chemistry, player strengths/weaknesses, coaching strategies etc..is not stuff you know anything about. 95% of NBA basketball to you boxscore stats. You & Reeko