1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' James Harden on bruised right knee: 'It can't get worse'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 17, 2017.

1. bongman

bongman Member

I can understand OP's pov. At the same token, since it is what it is, I just try to look for a positive.

If the team's leader still wants to play even with his condition, what message does it send to the rest of the team?

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Stupidity at its finest.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The regular season is meaningless no point of trying to for 70 wins. I hope they learned something from warriors.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I beg to differ, i want rockets to beat 73 wins record

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Capela is back Monday I think we should rest Harden. It's not his knee that can get worse, but something else because he is favoring his knee. It's the Jazz who are beat up as well and losing a game in the regular season isn't as important as keeping Harden healthy for the long-term

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My thoughts as well. Even slight differences in movement put new strains on new joints and muscles. There's a long history of athletes getting secondary injuries. But I guess I'll just be glad that we have Chris Paul to take some of the burden.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

lock Harden in their house so he can get some rest.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

While seeding is very important, I'm kinda getting tired of this macho BS about playing through it. Sit your ass down Harden for a game or two.

amaru and Harden's beard like this.
  9. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

This!

Fine. No structural damage. You are tough. You can play through pain and there is no further damage. He will sub consciously discover that running or jumping a slightly different way is more comfortable and start doing that to ease the pain. When that happens there is a chance he will sprain something or worse. I don’t like this at all. Utah is beat to hell. Sit out that one at least.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Looking for a foul? He got pulled down into the stancheon

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The problem isn't that he is gonna turn that bruise into something worse. The problem is that he will over compensate for one leg. Of course, it looks like Harden played in control and kept that in mind, so it wouldn't hurt to throw him out there and let him go 70-80% as that is monumentally better than having to play our worthless backup guard trio of Bobby, Weber, and Jackson.

12. MD_in_Training

Give Bobby Brown, Troy Williams, and Zhou some run. If we can't beat the injured Jazz with CP3, Ego, Ariza, PJ, Nene, Ryno, and those guys, then we have bigger problems.

13. Harden's beard

Just sit this fake macho clown's ass down and don't let him come back 'till he's 100%.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I wish we had 3 games in 10 days like we did 2 weeks ago. Get well soon James

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

But do we get rid of capela and Gordon too? The rotation will be pretty shallow don't you think? Or are you backtracking?

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Bring the hookers!

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets could be strategic and have their cake and eat it too. If Harden wants to play they can play him vs Utah and Lakers on Monday and Wednesday. But then REST him for the Friday Clippers game. Their next game is not until Monday. So Harden could get Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and up to Monday night to rest.

This wouldn't be too dissimilar to what they did at the end of last season with Harden missing that Suns game to get the benefit of a few days after it.

heypartner and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I don’t think Harden will rest at all. Rockets are going for the top seed and will be trying to win every game.

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

If the Rockets were smart, they would rest him until Xmas day at OKC. The next 3 should be cake walks if Clint comes back.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

since 2009 nothing has changed