1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' James Harden, Clint Capela expected to play Friday vs. Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

https://www.chron.com/sports/rocket...m_source=CMS Sharing Button&utm_medium=social

The Rockets moved two steps closer to full strength with James Harden and Clint Capela returning to practice on Thursday and expected to play Friday against the Suns, with Luc Mbah a Moute upgraded to questionable with a sore left knee that kept him out for three games.

Harden and Capela were both initially considered out for rest, but by Tuesday, the Rockets cited nagging issues that had not kept them out before.

Asked about sitting out while healthy enough to play, Harden said, “I was?”

When asked if he was healthy enough to play, Harden offered little insight other than indicating that the sore right hand that he had been treating for several weeks had since improved with the night off.

“I don’t know,” Harden said. “I feel good now, though.”

don grahamleone and saleem like this.
  2. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Feels like we are just making up injuries like the Warriors have been doing at this point. I am ok with it though as long as the whole team can get some games together before the playoffs start.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I didn't quite realize how sore James' hand is. I want to see him preparing at a maximum level, but when he is hurting, he must be rested. Get well soon, James. You are our hero!

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. baubo

baubo Member

Well to be fair playing the Suns is like a glorified scrimmage at this point. They can treat it like just a practice session rather than a game.

iNoseBleedRed likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That is just terrible to hear. Sit em
    out, until they are completely fit.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

gimmick injuries just for media sake

aroundtheblock2 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That scrimmage should be over by halftime

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

Me either

10. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Even Kerr rested against the Suns. I think he was listed as generally Butt-hurt. I don't think he was faking it, though.

bongman, v3.0 and Stormy1234 like this.
  11. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

LOL, these half baked injuries concocted by the Rockets for the purpose of resting players are hilarious.

Guess you can’t put down: “out due to being tired”

12. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I think these "injuries" are really just excuses for the rest. Resting players when otherwise healthy probably gets you into more trouble with the league, so why bring on the heartache?

I mean something is always sore or can be rested when you are a pro athlete. Could they otherwise play? Yes...

13. lalala902102001

LOL about these made up injuries but these days a "DNP-rest" doesn't sit well with the league anymore.

14. macan

macan Member

we need to think about some new injuries for harden and clint after Suns game, let's just take turns to rest all our starters

15. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

At this point of the regular season, coach might "know" better if he's going to play the next game. :)

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Assuming their just exaggerating injuries to rest players, why not just play everyone but for 15-20 mins and let the bench and spare parts get some more run? That way they stay conditioned too.

Stormy1234 likes this.