1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Trevor Booker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, according to Basketball-Reference, he's Devin Booker's brother... but more importantly, he's Jordan Hill's cousin. A line of truly elite basketball pedigree.

glimmertwins, DonKnock, bmelo and 7 others like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Way to destroy the man's hopes and dreams.

3. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

hard pass if it ain't for the minimum

BigggReddd likes this.
  4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Yeah but can he play basketball?

Zboy likes this.
  5. nemac

nemac Member

lol!

BigShasta likes this.
  6. riko

riko Member

He is a ok role player and that’s pretty much it. He isnt a game changer but we haven’t had a player with a bit of nasty in him outside of Paul since sisco garcia was here

7. malakas

malakas Member

Alex Kennedy doesn't know anything.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

lost one Trevor try to replace with another Trevor?

BigShasta likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Mike Scott can shoot the 3 and the mid range 2 with great confidence. He would be a better choice for Houston than Trevor Booker, with the MLE. Scott is a UFA too. Both he and Trevor Booker are 30 years old. Scott is explosive, when he dunks.

DonKnock, BigShasta and lionaire like this.
  10. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

I bet he gives you at least 10 points more than Ariza in game 7.

BigShasta likes this.
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

he'd be a perfect Spurs system player

saleem likes this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

morey determined to keep at least one trevor on the roster

smoothie likes this.
  13. Asian Sensation

I’ll take who is PJ Tucker for 600, riko.

14. riko

riko Member

Yeah you’re right forgot about pj.But nonetheless you can’t have enough of players like that

rgw20014life and saleem like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Our team isn't getting any younger if we targetting this man.

16. Asian Sensation

Yup, I’m not against him at all but I’d look at younger, more athletic options first considering that’s what we severely lack.

17. saleem

Mike Scott may be a semi-realistic option with the 5.29 MLE. They are the same age( 30 years), but Mike is more athletic and a better shooter. The Wizards may end up offering more to Scott though. Kyle O'Quinn may be another option. He lacks athleticism, but I doubt if he will command more than that. He can be a good backup for Capela. NN is young and athletic, Dallas may not want to offer him much, now that DJ is with them. If he shows discipline, he could be useful in Houston. I don't think the Rockets will go after him though. Houston shouldn't sign Wright. He is unfit all the time.

18. Asian Sensation

I’m all for NN. I’m almost positive he’s not going to be a Mav next season. Noel does a lot of the things Capela does for a fraction when of the cost once they get their new deals. I suggested him as not just a backup but potential replacement for Capela in a thread I made a couple months ago.

I know we can pay top dollar to retain Capela and it’s looking like we’re gonna keep him but I can’t help but wonder if $25M per (should be around there) can be used to improve other positions and end up with a better overall squad. Again, nothing against Capela. I like him. A lot actually but paying him Gobert money is a lot of money to tie up for a complimentary piece. Albeit a really good one that plays C.

So far we lost a starting SF, never truly had a starting 4 all of last year, needed and still need help at other spots and if we can’t move Anderson which as you mentioned. We more than likely won’t be able to.... that leaves little room to sign anyone that moves the needle let alone players yes plural (as we need more than just 1) that can play big minutes and contribute at all our positions of need.

We can’t seriously be bringing back the same core minus Ariza + whoever we add for the MLE and whatever peanuts we may have left and expect to duplicate last years success and we sure as heck won’t be exceeding it.

19. saleem

I agree we can't expect to duplicate last year's success with an older team. I know Capela isn't worth the max, but perhaps Houston can get him relatively cheaply, now that the market for him, is drying out.

20. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

When have we signed anyone to a cheep deal if we were going to save money it should have been on the Paul deal. I know he is great but damn he making more than Durant