1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have up to 12/13 mill to work with for an additional player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

Hell No

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree.

I am happy because we are spending Tilman's hard earned cash on Forwards, as opposed to Centers. In this system, even Thabo/House get upgraded in value, imo.

I think a vertical spacer will be easier to find than a guy like Robert Covington that can defend 5 positions, and knock down open threes.

Here is to hoping we can find another piece!

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No human currently alive on this Earth fits with the Cavs' timeline. :D

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed , but it’s not just a vertical spacer . It’s a spacer who is good on D

Clint was so good for us and earned a 90 mil dollar contract not because he can catch lobs from James , but because he was legit a force on D ....

Now maybe that slipped , maybe it slipped due to injury , maybe due to personnel around him . Who knows .

I would be way more pissed at this deal if I thought we were trading 17-18 playoff Clint for Covington. For whatever reason Clint hasn’t been at his best this year (and not just from an offensive production standpoint)

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree with the assessment that Clint was a "force" on D, personally.

In my opinion, Robert Covington is better than Clint on both ends of the floor.

snowconeman22 likes this.