1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have broken a Franchise record--Earliest 50 wins ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Mar 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In response to those Chinese letters you are right it is the YEAR OF THE GOAT

How convenient.

2. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Not trying to be a ballbuster, it's a nice accomplishment and we have definitely overachieved, but I rather look back on this in several weeks when we are deep into the play-offs instead of taking anything from this to give me hope. Just my opinion.

3. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

In all honesty, I think we could have an even better record at this point in time if it wasn't for all these injuries... though it has been like this every season for the past few years so it wasn't really unexpected. Not to mention we're also in one of the strongest Western Conferences possibly ever.
    This team is better than the record that stands. Against the Wiz, we played an atrocious ball game in the first half and still managed to be up by double digits away from home.. that shows me to me that we're at another level compared to most teams in the league, even other playoff teams.

4. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

U have a hell of a memory. I do remember how good Seattle was. Putting a record together that's even close to the record of 94 there is no way Harden shouldn't get the MVP. With all the injuries? Its a no brainer to me.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I remember that game against Denver. It was the first time I'd seen Mutombo up close and I was impressed with his defense. Who knew he'd set a record in a series with blocked shots just a couple weeks later and lead his team to an upset of the Sonics? That was also the game where Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf nearly broke Calvin Murphy's single season free throw percentage record until he missed a foul shot. The rest of the crowd clearly knew about it too since there was an unusually loud cheer when the shot clanged off the rim.

6. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Second seed and the most lost days to injury of any playoff team....must be doing something right.

Its been a great season for Rockets fans.

7. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

So no matter what Major Props to Coach Mc Hale-Daryl Morey-James Harden-Josh Smith-Corey Brewer-Terrance Jones-Donatos Montejunus-Jason Terry-Patrick Beverly-Dwight Howard

Oh I think I just named our Playoffs rotation ! (minus Bev add Johnson.....)

8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Stop and smell the Roses ................today's bloom is tomorrow's fallen petals.

Enjoy what is in front of you, who knows what tomorrow brings? really.

1 person likes this.
  9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Need to finish the regular season 1st. We can concentrate the post season when it gets her. Now is the time for celebrating and continue to celebrate what has been a great regular season.

10. crash5179

I'm a 365 days, 52 weeks, 12 months a year fan. The ultimate goal and ultimate since of satisfaction comes with an NBA championship. Having said that, I love the regular season and I love watching regular season games. I love watching team chemistry as well as individual players develop. I am passionate about the regular season.

As such I will continue to cheer for, enjoy and celebrate all regular season successes. I hope I never become so jaded as a fan that I view any regular season success with skepticism and only the ability to recognize great basketball when it culminates with an NBA Championship. It's a sad NBA fan that can only enjoy post season success and rolls eyes at all things regular season.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Quest for tres baby

12. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Wow, really tooting your own there and making something out of nothing huh..all I'm saying is, it's nice, but not saying much.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Not saying much? Basically, what you're saying is that you're not willing to just enjoy this for what it is. It's a great accomplishment for a team that's been decimated by injuries in a loaded Western Conference. It might not amount to playoff success, but this is something to be proud of.

14. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

No, basically what I'm saying this that this particular feat does not do anything for me. Who are you or anybody else to tell me what I should enjoy, especially since apparently I'm a not a fan for 365 days and cannot enjoy regular season success..Again it's nice, but to me not very telling, that is all. Others can get hope out of this and hold a party, I'm just saying I don't. When we get to the play-offs and make sense, then maybe I can look back on this feat and be like hey that was pretty special, but right now, I do not have any special feelings one way or the other. Everybody's different you know ;)

15. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

* Make noise

16. crash5179

Thats kind of a weird definition of tooting your own horn but so be it. I love watching basketball regardless if it's regular season or post season. No apologies for that.

Toot Toot

17. crash5179

At the risk of sounding ridiculously philosophical, maybe those of us that can enjoy the Journey as well as the Destination are just lucky.

I don't roll my eyes at a dunk or a home run or a 60 yard TD run during a game and tell my friends, "It means nothing, show me the win". I am up and cheering like hell when any of that happens. I don't roll my eyes when the Rockets win a game on a last second shot and say, "It means nothing, show me the post season success." I am jumping around and calling my friends.

To each his own. If the regular season brings nothing but skepticism to you then so be it. Hopefully there is something in life you just enjoy.

ico4498 likes this.
  18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Games I confidently feel we would have won with a healthy full roster:

Lakers 98-92 - last second dwight scratch

*Golden State 105-93 -- Seems lopsided but they were neck and neck till last 2-3 minutes when GS just blitzed the tired rockets. Houston had basically 8 players - 3 of which were Tarik Black, Joey Dorsey and Nick Johnson.

Wizards - 104-103 -- relatively healthy but Jones would have made a difference here

Magic 120-113 - Same as above

Detroit 114-101 -- no size whatsoever to contend against Pistons front court

*Grizzlies 102-100 - should have been a W or at least a game in OT. Dwight being there on Gasol helps tremendously

*Blazers 105-100 -- Just destroyed on the boards Dwight would have prevented Lopez on the boards.

Those are 7 games -- three of which I think are coin flips in that Rockets could have still lost but I feel most likely would not have (warriors/blazers/grizzlies) -- the other games though I feel they would have.

Thats 4 games thats 54-19 at worst or 57-16 at best --

of course who is to say the Rockets would have still won some of the games they did if they had a full roster.

19. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Haha again, you're blowing this waaaaaaaayyy out of proportion. So based on this you think I don't enjoy a game...

20. crash5179

I'm with you on that one. I'll even add the last ATL game where we were without Harden. I don't think that one is close if we have Harden in the game. That ATL game showed just how important it is to have someone that can come in and stop the bleeding when an opposing team makes a last ditch run.