1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets games on NBATV,TNT, ESPN, etc. this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Surfguy, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I could be wrong but it seems like there is a big increase in games on the schedule that wouldn't require a NBA League Pass subscription to watch (for those not in Houston), i.e. games on NBATV, TNT, ESPN, CBS, etc. . There appears to be around 40 games this season that will not require the subscription to watch on the 82 game season schedule. If you compare this to last season, then I think only 20 games didn't require it last season. That's a two-fold jump! I assume the Chris Paul deal means more national attention and, hence, more nationally televised games.

If you are like me, then you only watch the Rockets throughout the season and maybe highlights of other teams' action (at the end of the day on ESPN or NBATV). Normally, I would go with a NBA Team Pass ONE TEAM annual subscription to watch Rockets (using the app on XBox One) for $119.99. But, with so many games airing on the fore-mentioned channels not requiring the subscription, I don't really see the point to renew this season at the annual subscription rate. I may end up doing individual monthly passes (for one or two months max) at $17.99 per month. It seems to me that October has a stretch of games which will require the pass to watch (i.e. 7 games in a row after the 1st game to start the season). The rest of the months...it seems you would only miss a stretch of 2 - 3 games max that would require the subscription. There are no long stretches of drought I would have to endure. I would just miss some games sporadically.

Anyway, this may not be immediately obvious to those of you who are in my boat and use the pay subscription services. If you are tolerant of missing a few games here and there, then you can save money following my approach. Honestly, after last season, I'm not so big on the regular season bs. Sure, I want to watch Chris Paul and James Harden play together. But, regular season is pretty much futile if your team is good enough to make the playoffs (which we are a good bet at making). It doesn't mean jack in the post-season (other than positioning). I don't want to throw any more money than necessary at the regular season games. So, this is my plan.

Hope the information provides useful to someone.

2. rockets13champs

NBA doesnt come on CBS dude

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Whatever...just examples. I should have said ABC. My bad.

rockets13champs likes this.