1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Free Agents and Non Guaranteed - Who is back next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, May 14, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

NON-GUARANTEED CONTRACTS FOR 2019/20
    Gary Clark: $1,416,852

Isaiah Hartenstein: $1,416,852

Chris Chiozza: $1,416,852

Michael Frazier: $1,416,852

FREE AGENTS
    Danuel House (Restricted)

Iman Shumpert

Kenneth Faried

Gerald Green

Austin Rivers
    -------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what Chiozza and Frazier did or offer
    I think we would like House but . . . . . . Green is a probably

Rocket River

2. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I’d like Rivers back at least

topfive, amaru and Hakeemtheking like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The third star chess piece falls first, then come the role players.

If they dun make a move, then yeah.....prolly Rivers, Gerald (just because he luvs HOU).

Wouldn't surprise me if all the above mentioned are gone, and we roll with totally new bench players.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i think you keep developing Hartenstein. I'd like to see what Michael Frazier can do in the NBA after dominating with RGV. Really like him. Nothing wrong with having a couple of talented developmental prospects on our squad.

I think Rivers gets paid to go somewhere else; so does Manimal. Shumpert and Green are league minimum guys. House isn't getting paid, he'll return.

varughese.arun likes this.
  5. Fantasma Negro

I want Rivers and Faried back. Faried was doing great before that hip injury. He plays well with both Harden and the old man. Rivers is the pest we need coming off the bench to antagonize opposing point guards. Everyone else can go. Wish we could keep Green but he really didn't have a good season

htwnbandit likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Clark, Hartenstein and i think Frazier will be back, Chiozza i guess he will be used as a salary filler or cut.

As for the veterans i'd like to use the MLE on Rivers but the tax payer one (5/6M) might not be enough to resign him.

If not enough to sign Rivers that MLE could be split between House (if we're ok in giving him a bit more than the minimum) and a buyout guy during the season or on a 2nd round pick if we can get one. If we don't want to use portion of the MLE on House, offer him the minimum again.

Green and Faried are vet minimum signing or bust imo.

Shumpert eh, if he can be resigned to a big one year salary and used as a salary filler great, otherwise i think he's gone.

#6 Vivi, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  7. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Rivers and Faried for sure. If Tillman is going to put his money where his mouth is, they're coming back next season.

8. foggy94

foggy94 Member

In this case it has nothing to do with Tilman. Rivers is likely to command the MLE if we are keeping him, and he'd probably be turning down better money from elsewhere to stay. After that, we have only non-bird rights (1.9m) to offer for Faried.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gerald Green is the closest "lock" to return.
    The rest could stay or go.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...Rockets-Q-A-with-Jonathan-Feigen-13838545.php

Q. With just six rotation players under contract, who from among the others will be back?

A. The inclination is to say Rivers is most likely, given his fit, role and production. But those same reasons might make him expensive to keep. The Rockets signed him to a minimum contract as a free agent, meaning they have no Bird rights. A minimum contract will not get it done again. Faried's exclusion from the rotation in the postseason makes it unlikely that he will return. The tougher questions are with the hometown players, House and Gerald Green.

The Rockets were unwilling to offer House more than a minimum contract, eventually bumping it up to three seasons. House turned it down, believing minimum represented worst-case scenario. The Rockets would have to use mid-level money to offer more than minimum. It is unclear if other teams that did not offer House a guaranteed contract before the season or pick him up when the Warriors cut him or the Rockets waived him would offer more now.

Green barely held on to a rotation spot, He signed for the minimum last summer after his breakthrough season. Needing depth with little to spend, the Rockets might be happy to have him back at that price, especially given his great attitude.

Iman Shumpert moved ahead of House and Green in the rotation, and the Rockets have Bird rights to sign him, but will be cautious.

lilbird20 and Vivi like this.
  10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It’s a tough call for me because they all seem to have heart

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  11. mastan

mastan Member

Looks like Rockets management not only ruined this season by going cheap and giving up draft picks & players for nothing... they ruined for few more years atleast.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Hartenstein will be back. Green will be back just because he will sign for the vet min here.

I would like to have Rivers back though out of the the Faried/House group. I think he was a big difference having another ball handling guard that could penetrate and play above average perimeter defense.

lilbird20 and xaos like this.
  13. BreakYoSelfFool

Hartenstein is under contract (partially guaranteed next year) and not a free-agent

14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I am sure Rivers loves it here but no way is he coming back for the vet min. That's all we can offer. He and Faried are not splitting the TP MLE.