1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fire Jeff Bzdelik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, May 18, 2019.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

This has to be one of the more enlightened, well reasoned and solidly sourced posts. Cheers, DaDa.

sushimaster, DaDakota, saleem and 2 others like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - love you too.

:)

DD

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

We suck? Wow. You're just a troll now. Pathetic

Deuce, topfive, kubli9 and 2 others like this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I hate this quote is there is truth to it. Outside of Tuck we have nobody to play defense. Clint was abused as was CP for most of the series. Morey always seems like he is deflecting blame instead of owning up to it.

smp likes this.
  5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Scapegoat for MDA/Morey. This is as much on Morey as it is on the coaching staff. Morey and MDA both need to take responsibility for what happed. Firing Bzdelik is a weak attempt to deflect blame.

I just hope that they already have a legitimate plan in place moving forward. I don’t want this to turn into a full on sh*t show.

MiddleMan, cheke64 and saleem like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Definitely. I have no trust in either Morey or MDA.

MiddleMan, BigBum and cheke64 like this.
  7. BigBum

BigBum Member

Just in the second round, harden already look tired bc he plays too many minutes in regular season. He is not going to have full gas in nba finals.

MiddleMan, saleem and payaso like this.
  8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

cut with that bs excuses man.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you want to play the fatigue card, Gm 3 or Gm 4 of the Utah series.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It's not always ice cream and lollipops yet tomorrow might just be a cinnamon roll...

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wouldn't it be funny if they hired him back mid season?

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Rockets are pathetic. This just as much on Morey and the Dantoni. Even the owner for allowing it. I'm done with this team.

cheke64 likes this.
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah...right....

topfive, amaru, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The real comedy will be looking back on this thread at some point next year when we are rolling.

topfive likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It would be good but the fact that they botched an offseason and the delusion they could beat GSW this season, that is just wasted energy and time.

When we are rolling, that is expected and should not be such a surprise.

This is like them trying make short cuts but realize they cannot and make a further detour to contention.
    I can only laud them for not giving up completely.

One step forward, 2 steps back, one step forward......

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Rockets surely will be a good team next year. 50-60 wins for sure. But aren’t we past celebrating that? Playoffs are the measuring stick for this team and they’ve consistently shown they can’t overcome the Warriors. Maybe next year is different but that’s really what it comes down to. “Rolling” in the regular season really doesn’t matter much to me at this point with this era, given how limited the window is.

BaselineFade and daywalker02 like this.
  17. rockets13champs

I would give JVG or SVG a chance off he bench to be associate coach?

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know if this part of your post is serious, but Messina coached against Mike in Europe for years, beat him most of times and won more than him overall. Recently he has been assistant for the most winning coach of the last 20 years in the nba, not sure what he's supposed to learn from Mike.

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Another title would make me just as happy as anyone else, but I like to watch a competitive team for 82 games and hope for the best in the playoffs. I’m just not championship or bust. Hell I’d still watch every damn game, like I have for as far as I can remember, if we only won 10 games.

If we have a team that’s plays to it’s strengths, wins 50-60 games, Harden blesses us with another great season and we lose in the playoffs to a team that I didn’t expect to beat I’m going to have really enjoyed having a quality team to watch for 6+ months.

I again don’t like our odds of being better than GS next year, but I’m interested to see what we do to try again and really, really hope we get another shot at them.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Tillman panicked after the horrible start, because the LAST thing he wanted was a .500 season and no playoffs in his first year as owner, especially with the reigning MVP on his roster. Dump Melo (who was indeed a bad fit) and bring back the previous season's defensive coach; revert as much as possible back to the 65-win team and hope to get back close to where they were. Which actually did happen, amazingly enough.

I think the entire saga left a very bad taste in Tilman's mouth, though. When Jeff B. wouldn't commit to next year (which may indeed be understandable), Tilman said, "Nope, not again. I want stability going into next season."

At least that's my theory.

As for Morey's attitude, he's the GM. Every move he's ever made has been wrapped up in the idea of "doing what's best for the team." What's he going to say, "This will make the team worse, but the owner wanted me to do it anyway"?