1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans have become too whiny.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

didn't Westbrook set a record that took Jordan three overtimes? And which record was that oh yeah most field goal attempts

I am enjoying it, but I don't really see anything too special about doing something we did before. We went to the west with dwight. special means making it to the finals or going 7 games with the warriors. if I'm being honest I think we lose to the spurs in the second round and I don't see anything special in that.

2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Don't feed the troll.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I agree anyone who says the Rockets are not going to win achampionship is stupid. we are at least going to make it to the finals. we have the firepower to keep up with the golden state warriors and we always beat the Spurs easily no problem. We're going to sweep the thunder, the team with the best player in the league because he is the mvp because everyone says he is so good. he takes a lot of shots only the greatest player can take that many shots.

the games are fun to watch, its the playoffs. I apologize for trying to stay grounded. but I will not whine about somebody whining because Harden does deserve the freaking MVP

#23 Brown Lost It, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

*Asks self* 'Does OP separate the sarcasm from the legit feeling?'

Roc Paint likes this.
  5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Can I make a Russell Westbrook Appreciation Thread? Am i approved? Wait..... I don't make threads.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

btw I also agree with this thread. good job OP

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Talk about others whining and comes in to whine

Like I have always said, this village idiot DerpWah is the worst poster on CF alongside larsv8.

Little whiny, b****y, thin skinned, delusional cowards.

Roc Paint and Mr Chuck Norris like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Dude, most people already realize this stuff. Only a few people actually thought that this team was a contender. You can't really ask for much more than a tough 6 or 7 game series against the Spurs. If we somehow beat them in the 2nd round, then we'd probably lose 4-1 to GS in the WCF. A tough 2nd round loss to the Spurs or an appearance in the WCF would be a successful season for this team.

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Probably more than half the league's teams has a fan base that is convinced the media is biased against them. So I don't think Rockets fans are especially whiny.

Personally, I never really understood why people get so fired up about it. The Rockets have reached the conference finals once since the late 90s, right? How is it that people feel we are owed all this respect? They had some good will after a nice playoff run a couple years ago, and they dropped the ball last year instead of building on that success. So they bounce back winning 55 games this year. So what? Win a couple playoff rounds -- be a team that really matters in the championship contender conversation rather than being a "darkhorse" (it seems like the Rockets are a "darkhorse" candidate every other year). And then, actually put in a better season next year rather than dropping off again to 40 something wins. Then the respect comes.

DudeWah, Tha_Dude and apollo33 like this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The Rockets aren't relevant enough to be "conspired" against, reality is nobody really cares but they like blowing up Westbrook

DudeWah likes this.
  13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

What will the whiners whine about when we hoist the Larry O'Brien trophy???

Bu bu but Harden didn't win MVP! Bu bu but the media still hates us!

DudeWah likes this.
  14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

amazingly successful? Yes
    special? No

no one expected us to be where we are now, but special is still reserved for some type of finals appearance.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I have personally never given a single **** about what the media thinks about any Houston team. Why should we? I draw my own conclusions and decide my own likes and dislikes, everyone else be damned.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  16. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

We do. It's worse on r/rockets, that place is a cringe-fest.

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah. Very cringe inducing.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Andre Roberson was up 3-1 in the WCF against Golden State last year. And why the **** should we accept it as "lucky" if we beat the Spurs 4 times in a 7 game series?? That pretty much qualifies as the exact opposite of luck. Honestly, why even be a fan if this is how you're going to be up 2-0 in the playoffs???

Tha_Dude and DudeWah like this.
  19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

The nature of these internet posts are to air grievances but I'm pretty everyone here is pretty happy with our performance thus far, I know I am. I can honestly say that when we hired D'Antoni I was preparing myself for another year fighting for the 8th seed. This team has exceeded my expectations. The problem now is that there are expectations.

20. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

It should say $18.74 million decoy...