1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' engines firing, own third-best record in the West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDreamShake, Mar 11, 2009.

1. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/rockets/2009-03-11-rockets-engines_N.htm

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I'll never understand how Rick Adelman never even gets a mention for Coach of the Year.

3. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

clyde drexler: "this is what i call expectations, bill. the rockets were a dark horse to win it all this year but they haven't quite lived up to it yet, ha ha ha ha."

4. Pocket Rockets

"With Mac, we have enough on this team to not let any of the games be fair to the opponent," Artest said. "With the team we have now, we can also beat anybody."

this is hilarious...with mac, its a disadvantage for the opponent...ha!

5. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Fixed.

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

fixed fixed

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

George Karl nailed it.

DD

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Ron and Tracy were not going to co-exist no matter what. What puzzles me is how much better Ron is playing despite the fact he isn't really dominating the ball. Maybe with Ron it is less about how often he has to have the ball and more about just not getting along with McGrady.

I can say with near certainty that McGrady would have never adjusted to the type of ball the team is playing now. The less McGrady dominates the ball and the more open looks he gets the worse his efficiency becomes. That's the McGrady paradox aka "I never learned how to play organized ball before I came to the NBA" syndrome.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just don't think we can speculate that we had a too much talent problem when the most talented guy on the floor was playing hurt.

We have to wait until a healthy T-mac rejoins this team to see how it plays out. By then, this team will have a solid identity and T-mac might not not impact the game that much other than being another deadly weapon.

10. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I know its speculation on our part, but T-Mac just likely won't ever mesh with the way our team is currently running. T-Mac reminds me of AI when he took the 76er's to the finals. He can carry a team if he's healthy and is dominating the ball (though AI had far more playoff success than T-Mac ever did). But look what happened when Detroit inserted AI into their system, it didn't work out.

Whenever TMac is in the game, it's like the game slows down to him, his defender and the goal. He does so many iso plays that are completely contrary to Adelman's system.

11. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Its funny how last year, T-Mac was vital for our success and we didn't need Yao. He played well with the team and they made a great run.

All of a sudden, he's horrible for the team. Ahh short term memory.

What were we talking about again?

12. Precision340

Precision340 Member

cleverly disguise snipe at AI :D

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

We also didn't have Artest last year either or the emergence of Brooks as a scoring punch. Scola got better and did Landry. We found a gem in Wafer and Yao is healthy again. At this time last year, I would say this team is better than last years.

14. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

Sounds like he's projecting his thoughts and feelings about his own team.

15. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

artest has some of the most crazy quotes haha

16. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

IMO, i think McGrady should change his game and be a role player. He should elevate his game when/if the game/his team needs him too. If he comes back healthy next year/doesnt get traded, he should know his role and put his ego aside. I think a healthy Tmac is great but with the way this Rox is gelling, i think its time for a change. And that I mean, Tmac's ball play should change.

17. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I agree. Scola has been better and consistent. Ron is there. Our starting point is playing (though I think Lowry may end up starting). Yao is there and we're overall deeper this year.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

People were saying the exact same crap about Yao last year. Fact is, T-Mac HAS been successful running this style of basketball in the past. He just hasn't been the old T-Mac and I doubt he ever will be again. He's got plenty of court vision and BBall IQ to make himself fit on our team. I just don't think he will ever have the quickness necessary to gain separation, or for that matter to play defense, ever again.

19. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

You'd be right if it were the same Tmac we're talking about. If we had last years Tmac on this roster, we'd be instant championship contenders.

20. Raspy

Raspy Member

Did you guys even watch the Utah game? Our starting point guard sucks. He will be dominated by decent pg's and we will have no chance in the playoffs.