1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets engaged with the Grizzlies on deal involving JaMychal Green and Garrett Temple

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Feb 6, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Any chance of Oubre getting re-flipped?

Green + Oubre would be a great deadline. Especially if we keep our core and add House as well.

2. ballgame

ballgame Member

Dude! PJ is Short, name me another team in the NBA that starts a 6'5", in shoes, PF?? You can't name many College teams with a 6'5" starting PF

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

But please tell us there will be more moves from rockets.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

I wouldn’t say that, there is still Gordon(as sad as I am to say that) and our other picks, let’s see what happens there.

5. aroundtheblock2

If you turn Knight and Chriss into Burks and Green, that's technically an improvement.

6. Madclownpacasum

I like this one more than the burks trade. This makes more sense not just cents

ramotadab likes this.
  7. ch44

ch44 Member

This potential deal will likely be held up until Marc Gasol's situation is resolved. Charlotte may be requesting Green in the trade too.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Charlotte needs to back the **** off.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If rockets come out with this deal done hearing other moves as well?

HP3 likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay I love House as much as the next guy but some of you guys are really overrating him.

tc0330 likes this.
  11. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

CP3/Rivers
    Harden/Gordon
    PJ/Green/House
    Jamychal/Faried
    Capela/Nene/somebody?

Solid Team...I am ready to be disappointed but if this goes through, I think we become a stacked team besides the backup center position.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

that team isnt beating GS in 7 and probably not even philly now

ramotadab likes this.
  13. Chamillionaire

Really hope we get Green.

14. Chamillionaire

NOOOOO!!!

15. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

That is probably true, but I would say its still an upgrade. I think if this trade goes through we could maybe trade gordon + picks for somebody...

ramotadab likes this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Deff need a solid wing.

17. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Swing Temple to Wizards along with Ego and 3 picks for Beal. All-in move. I'd send Tucker in place of Temple if need be. Window is this year and next. After that CP3's legs fall off.

CP3/Rivers
    Harden
    Beal/House/GGreen
    Tuck/jGreen/House
    Cap/Faried (DJ?)

BaselineFade and ramotadab like this.
  18. mario elie

mario elie Member

Haha! We've been reduced to stressing out about JaMychal Green. Man, this deadline is looking bleaker by the hour.

19. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I mean, sure, now that you've decided in your head that Memphis is going to accept an offer of our scrubs as well as future salary next year for 2 secound rounders. But you can't just conjure up trades in your head then moan at the FO for not doing them. ch44 just said a few minutes after your post that Green may be being used in a much bigger Gasol trade with the Hornets, maybe you should reconsider your confidence that Nene/Chriss and 2nd rounders usurps that?

Also, you still havent explained how your phantom Ellington trade will work if Miami is aiming to get under the luxury tax. Who is the 3rd team with cap space available?

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't love it.

The Rockets have already picked up House, Rivers and Faried off the scrap heap. There will be a buyout market.

I'm not saying it doesn't improve the team, but I"m probably valuing the 1st round pick way more than most. Why? Clint Capela. AKA, the Rockets last first round pick they kept, at #25.

Right now the Rockets are picking #21. Prior ROckets first rounders included TJones, Jeremy Lamb (valued enough to trade in the Harden deal), Morris, Mirotic (but traded), DMo (in Mirotic trade), PPat, Batum (traded), Brooks. In other words, even with crap picks, aside form picking Royce White (which was basically forced on him by McFail) and picking Morris right ahead of Kawhi, Morey makes really solid selections. Is the #21 pick likely to be another Clint Capela?? Probably not.... but is Green/Temple getting you over the top? Almost assuredly not. Rockets are STILL worse than last year, more injured, in a tougher West, with a better GSW. I understand win now, but this doesn't move the needle a ton, imo.

J.R., BigMaloe, harold bingo and 3 others like this.